News & Blogs - How many "Chuggas" do you say before "ChooChoo!" ? | Squat the Planet

News & Blogs How many "Chuggas" do you say before "ChooChoo!" ?

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Though this was just hilariously random enough to put on StP:

How many "Chuggas" do you say before "ChooChoo!"?

TRENDING
How Many ‘Chuggas’ Should Come Before Choo Choo?
by
7015_844908498913472_7719560240712573506_o-110x110.png
Daily Dot

How many “chuggas” come before “choo choo?”
This question was recently posted in the r/TooAfraidToAsk subreddit, which is typically home to the sort of questions you want to ask anonymously. Queries like “Is it okay to prefer living in fantasy instead of reality?” and “Is it against the law to make leather out of your own skin?” make us wonder if Reddit users need a blanket and some hot cocoa. But recently redditors became obsessed with the chugga conundrum.

“How many ‘chuggas’ are you supposed to say before ‘choo choo,'” user u/baption0 wrote. “I’ve always said two, but now my kid is saying three. However, my kid’s preschool teacher says one and it pisses me off that there aren’t enough chuggas for a choo; how’s the train supposed to go anywhere?”
The question immediately sparked a debate of presidential proportions.
Many people were inclined toward three chuggas. Simple. Sweet. Attainable. Three chuggas roll off the tongue and seamlessly flow into the subsequent choo choos.

But is it enough? One of the top commenters noted that they prefer an equivalent number of chuggas to the “na na’s” in the opening to Batman. “My rules (sic) is the same number of chuggas as we do for the Batman cartoon theme song,”deadfermata wrote. “Na na na na na na na na na na na na BATMAN!”
People were into it—1,600 votes for 13 chuggas. Not everyone felt that so many were necessary, however. “4 chuggas per choo is a very nice ratio,” one redditor challenged. There was much discussion on whether a single chugga could even get the train moving—a ridiculous notion that was quickly dismissed.
Screenshot-2019-03-19-at-7.05.01-AM-411x400.png

From there, the numbers modestly went up. Users hotly debated the possibility of four chuggas, which was a delicate number that deserved consideration, but just didn’t feel right to the majority of users.
The consensus, after literally days of discussion this month, seemed to come to eight. Eight chuggas—with alternating emphasis—before any “choo choo.”

Screenshot-2019-03-19-at-7.08.00-AM-800x276.png

Screenshot-2019-03-19-at-7.08.18-AM-800x181.png

Someone even did surprisingly complicated choo choo math. Their conclusion agreed with the rule of fours but took it farther than the others. A full 16 chuggas would need to separate each choo choo, according to Da_Anh, asking: “f 2 trains leave the station at the same time traveling opposite directions and one travels at 4 chuggas per choochoo and the other 12 chuggas per choochoo, how long till they are 4 choochoos apart?”
Things got a little convoluted from there, but he found an answer. And Reddit users seemed to agree.
Screenshot-2019-03-19-at-7.04.37-AM-635x400.png

Thanks to the tireless work of the people at Reddit, we now have answers to a pressing question we didn’t know we’d asked. It takes eight chuggas to reach a choo choo, apparently.

This post originally appeared on The Daily Dot

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Reactions: Dmac
D

Deleted member 125

Y'all are really out here choo chooing after only 2 chuggas? It's 4 minimum. Bonus points for those soldiers out there who can chugga longer but I'm a simple man and 4 chuggas and I'm ready to release air.

D

Deleted member 24782

So I just asked my wife this question, she's a UP conductor (which is irrelevant because chugga chugga choo choos are from the steam days) but she said "chugga chugga, choo choo, just two, well...it actually matters on how steep the grade is...hahaha" genius.

Reactions: Coywolf

schmutz

cooler than you
Reaction score
I think I say three....two would work though....I guess.

ADMG

Reaction score
Though this was just hilariously random enough to put on StP:

How many "Chuggas" do you say before "ChooChoo!"?

TRENDING
How Many ‘Chuggas’ Should Come Before Choo Choo?
by View attachment 49626 Daily Dot

How many “chuggas” come before “choo choo?”
This question was recently posted in the r/TooAfraidToAsk subreddit, which is typically home to the sort of questions you want to ask anonymously. Queries like “Is it okay to prefer living in fantasy instead of reality?” and “Is it against the law to make leather out of your own skin?” make us wonder if Reddit users need a blanket and some hot cocoa. But recently redditors became obsessed with the chugga conundrum.

“How many ‘chuggas’ are you supposed to say before ‘choo choo,'” user u/baption0 wrote. “I’ve always said two, but now my kid is saying three. However, my kid’s preschool teacher says one and it pisses me off that there aren’t enough chuggas for a choo; how’s the train supposed to go anywhere?”
The question immediately sparked a debate of presidential proportions.
Many people were inclined toward three chuggas. Simple. Sweet. Attainable. Three chuggas roll off the tongue and seamlessly flow into the subsequent choo choos.

But is it enough? One of the top commenters noted that they prefer an equivalent number of chuggas to the “na na’s” in the opening to Batman. “My rules (sic) is the same number of chuggas as we do for the Batman cartoon theme song,”deadfermata wrote. “Na na na na na na na na na na na na BATMAN!”
People were into it—1,600 votes for 13 chuggas. Not everyone felt that so many were necessary, however. “4 chuggas per choo is a very nice ratio,” one redditor challenged. There was much discussion on whether a single chugga could even get the train moving—a ridiculous notion that was quickly dismissed.
View attachment 49627
From there, the numbers modestly went up. Users hotly debated the possibility of four chuggas, which was a delicate number that deserved consideration, but just didn’t feel right to the majority of users.
The consensus, after literally days of discussion this month, seemed to come to eight. Eight chuggas—with alternating emphasis—before any “choo choo.”

View attachment 49628
View attachment 49629
Someone even did surprisingly complicated choo choo math. Their conclusion agreed with the rule of fours but took it farther than the others. A full 16 chuggas would need to separate each choo choo, according to Da_Anh, asking: “f 2 trains leave the station at the same time traveling opposite directions and one travels at 4 chuggas per choochoo and the other 12 chuggas per choochoo, how long till they are 4 choochoos apart?”
Things got a little convoluted from there, but he found an answer. And Reddit users seemed to agree.
View attachment 49630

Thanks to the tireless work of the people at Reddit, we now have answers to a pressing question we didn’t know we’d asked. It takes eight chuggas to reach a choo choo, apparently.

This post originally appeared on The Daily Dot
Chuggas travel in groups of two. There is no choochoo without a chuggachugga. Chugga Choochoo? I think not. Any number of chuggas will do as long as they are divisible by two.

• Haha
Reactions: Bushpig and Coywolf

RavenOnTheNethervoid

Reaction score
personally: twelve. 🚂
(peehaps my train comes with extra baggage).

{i noticed the typo, btw; decided to leave it. potty humour is not usually my bag of tea, but thought it was kind of cute this time 😊}.

interesting topic. thanks for sharing.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads