News & Blogs How many "Chuggas" do you say before "ChooChoo!" ? (1 Viewer)

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Top Poster of the Month
Current Location
Northern Arizona
Website
www.youtube.com
Though this was just hilariously random enough to put on StP:

How many "Chuggas" do you say before "ChooChoo!"?

TRENDING
How Many ‘Chuggas’ Should Come Before Choo Choo?
by
7015_844908498913472_7719560240712573506_o-110x110-png.49626_How many "Chuggas" do you say before "ChooChoo!" ?_General Banter_Squat the Planet_2:05 PM
Daily Dot

How many “chuggas” come before “choo choo?”
This question was recently posted in the r/TooAfraidToAsk subreddit, which is typically home to the sort of questions you want to ask anonymously. Queries like “Is it okay to prefer living in fantasy instead of reality?” and “Is it against the law to make leather out of your own skin?” make us wonder if Reddit users need a blanket and some hot cocoa. But recently redditors became obsessed with the chugga conundrum.

“How many ‘chuggas’ are you supposed to say before ‘choo choo,'” user u/baption0 wrote. “I’ve always said two, but now my kid is saying three. However, my kid’s preschool teacher says one and it pisses me off that there aren’t enough chuggas for a choo; how’s the train supposed to go anywhere?”
The question immediately sparked a debate of presidential proportions.
Many people were inclined toward three chuggas. Simple. Sweet. Attainable. Three chuggas roll off the tongue and seamlessly flow into the subsequent choo choos.

But is it enough? One of the top commenters noted that they prefer an equivalent number of chuggas to the “na na’s” in the opening to Batman. “My rules (sic) is the same number of chuggas as we do for the Batman cartoon theme song,”deadfermata wrote. “Na na na na na na na na na na na na BATMAN!”
People were into it—1,600 votes for 13 chuggas. Not everyone felt that so many were necessary, however. “4 chuggas per choo is a very nice ratio,” one redditor challenged. There was much discussion on whether a single chugga could even get the train moving—a ridiculous notion that was quickly dismissed.
screenshot-2019-03-19-at-7-05-01-am-411x400-png.49627_How many "Chuggas" do you say before "ChooChoo!" ?_General Banter_Squat the Planet_2:05 PM

From there, the numbers modestly went up. Users hotly debated the possibility of four chuggas, which was a delicate number that deserved consideration, but just didn’t feel right to the majority of users.
The consensus, after literally days of discussion this month, seemed to come to eight. Eight chuggas—with alternating emphasis—before any “choo choo.”

screenshot-2019-03-19-at-7-08-00-am-800x276-png.49628_How many "Chuggas" do you say before "ChooChoo!" ?_General Banter_Squat the Planet_2:05 PM

screenshot-2019-03-19-at-7-08-18-am-800x181-png.49629_How many "Chuggas" do you say before "ChooChoo!" ?_General Banter_Squat the Planet_2:05 PM

Someone even did surprisingly complicated choo choo math. Their conclusion agreed with the rule of fours but took it farther than the others. A full 16 chuggas would need to separate each choo choo, according to Da_Anh, asking: “f 2 trains leave the station at the same time traveling opposite directions and one travels at 4 chuggas per choochoo and the other 12 chuggas per choochoo, how long till they are 4 choochoos apart?”
Things got a little convoluted from there, but he found an answer. And Reddit users seemed to agree.
screenshot-2019-03-19-at-7-04-37-am-635x400-png.49630_How many "Chuggas" do you say before "ChooChoo!" ?_General Banter_Squat the Planet_2:05 PM

Thanks to the tireless work of the people at Reddit, we now have answers to a pressing question we didn’t know we’d asked. It takes eight chuggas to reach a choo choo, apparently.

This post originally appeared on The Daily Dot

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

roughdraft

RápidoCorrenLosCarrosRespletoLosRielesDFerrocarril
Current Location
eastern shore of MD, USA
as much as i detest reddit I admit coming up with the same response, 4 x 4 before choo choo. 2 before also works, depends on circumstance. have a nice night

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
Y'all are really out here choo chooing after only 2 chuggas? It's 4 minimum. Bonus points for those soldiers out there who can chugga longer but I'm a simple man and 4 chuggas and I'm ready to release air.

Brodiesel710

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Current Location
Winnemucca, NV
So I just asked my wife this question, she's a UP conductor (which is irrelevant because chugga chugga choo choos are from the steam days) but she said "chugga chugga, choo choo, just two, well...it actually matters on how steep the grade is...hahaha" genius.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $0.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $0.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $0.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $0.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Reminder: Friday night on Coast to Coast am radio show: Haunted Trains!
Friday - Haunted Trains / Open Lines
Matthew Swayne
There's a meme called SPEED KIRB. You're welcome.
Finally printed up physical copies of my hitchin' story! Cover art by @spiffypairofspoons on instagram. I added some doodles and stuff to help with formatting, and I'll be carrying copies of these when my band goes on tour in the spring!

I can busk on the way, I usually let people staple their money to me with a staple gun, spit fire or perform other masochistic acts for money.
The guide told me to type my interests and shit here, help people get to know me, I made this so i could get help catching a Freight Train to Seattle and get there by the 20th of December, 2019, never hopped a train before, thought it'd be a fun thing to do. I'm tryna get to more punk shows. Actually pretty straight edge, keep my habits to shows and campfires.
lmfao!!! im figuring this desktop thing out way slow... totally different than a mobile. this site makes way more sens to navigate on a desk top... had no clue this was going to pop up on the main lmfao!!!! it does!!! always wonderd why ppl seen my shit that didnt fallow me!!!! im getting it... slowly...
anybody ride form grand junction co to slc lately? whats the ride like rn?
A Jack-of-all-trades, and a master at being MEDIOCRE
gkyuguhilhhjkbkjgyvhgcdtrs56t7y89u0ipklnbhrtyujnutrefr7yjnkihw tov hhtol

Staff online

Members online