how do you kill snakes?

RSTY802510

[NERD]
Reaction score
i used to go fishing at this spot off of the Appalachian trail. we called it the megaden because every step you took you would see another snake. anyway we would pin there neck right below the head with a stick. and put the knife to it then hit the flat part of the knife with a rock so it cuts right through. and bury the head. then clean it, flatten the skin on a rock scrape it and salt it then let it dry. sometimes the skins kinda curls up if you dont do it right. and cook it asap or youll probably get sick. it taste like shit anyways so i wouldent waste my time eating it.

A

AlwaysLost

Make sure the stick is of good size and strength, just keep hitting it until it stops moving. Or you can use the stick to pin it's head down, but make sure you keep the pressure on before you grab it, they wriggle out if you're not careful. You can stand on the head and cut where ever, I wouldn't mess with the head though, I'm pretty sure they work like wasps, they can get you even if they're dead, or freshly dead.

Yes its best to buryor burn the heads I've had headless snakes wiggle in the fire as we cooked them. Incredible reflexes. I think after an hour after death they finally rigor mortis. But I wouldn't mess with the head.

A

AlwaysLost

The rule is:
red touches yellow, kill the fellow.
Red touches black, friend of jack.

Venomous snakes usually have trapezoid shaped heads, to hold the venom glands. Non poisonous snakes generally have rounder heads.

With the above rhyme, it is talking about how the colors touch on their skin. If red touches yellow, it is highly poisonous and kill it or get away. Red not touching yellow but touching black is usually just a non-poisonous king snake. Be careful, no amount of fashion is worth getting inexperienced into a situation where you have a greater than half chance of dying.

Never move suddenly around a snake even if you are surprised. You life will depend on your ability to get a grip on the spot and stay cool.

- Monterey

Coral snakes will kill, you but they have to latch on to softer tissue for awhile. They don't have fangs and are scaredy cats. They cant inject venom in a couple seconds like a viper can . Its usual victims are intoxicated and stupid.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads