How do you get a free hotel room?

Framese

Reaction score
Is there anyone that has a solid theory on getting hotel rooms for free? I wonder if there's a certain kind of person that puts up travelers. Is there a state they're from, or a universal way to put asking to share a room with someone you don't know, but with no hidden requirement?

I feel like a whole field of study could be oriented around this. I never go to bars, so I have no idea how to typify stuff I've heard people say that scored a free room.

I would guess just hang around the $1 store with a sign for this specific purpose, and ignore the few shady characters (people with meth or cocaine habits or confederate flags.)

I think a lot of collaboration on this matter could help people who can't get into homeless shelters because they have no I.D., or who are getting kicked out of the Flying J parking lot.

mullendjango

Reaction score
In most states you can call the cops on yourself and they will get you a motel depending on the state. I've heard it has been done. In Wyoming they have sisters of the road or something along that name, oh st cristophers of the road and they give you gas vouchers, motel & McDonald's cards...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads