how did you come across STP?

moe

Reaction score
i was an angry 15 year old punk with dreams of running away from home to a land far far away. i sat my ass down in fron t of the computer, looking for 'squathouses' in the city, and yes i did type that in the google search box (squathouse in chicago) (i was so naive and clueless and high at the time). now here i am!!
shit changed im not that angry, and i know what im dealing with. but i just check in here to read about these interesting stories, and hopefully meet interesting new people.=D

panik

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I don't really remember if it was the first I'd heard of it or not but I saw "squattheplanet.com" written...somewhere. but I think that was before there was a message board on here? I discovered that semi-recently... though the only time I really come on here is when I'm in Ohio visiting family as I don't generally have lots of access to the internet!
Now that I think about it, I probably came across it through friends I had in baltimore or somethin' via THE SPACE. I don't know...because I feel like I saw this website some years ago before I even started traveling and stuff. whatever!

Avon Drunquist

Reaction score
I was getting sick of roaddawgz and their lack of posting any new stories, so like everyone else, I decided to rely on Google to show me something better. I've only been a part of this site for less than a week and I'm basically addicted.

Roaddawgz. The zine out of SF? At the anarchist book fair they gave me a bunch of shit and I found it pretty unsatisfactory.

Someone told me about StP and I figured it was probably choked with anarchist kids asking questions about how to ride and overly idealizing it. (i.e "the sound of a train humping....it's so beautiful." I actually heard a kid say that at a party once and he wasn't joking). But I checked out some more posts and this shit's turned out to be pretty right on. Good way for me to pass the time while I'm here and not able to leave for a bit.

Play.It.Fast

Reaction score
I had heard about StP a year ago and thought it was a bunch of shit (from skimming through a post over someone elses shoulder.), but never really checked into it until recently. Found that it's a good source for may things and way to re-connect with people.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads