How can I squat without being killed, raped, murdered, or arrested? | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

How can I squat without being killed, raped, murdered, or arrested?

atlastalias

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
In my book, thats not squatting. That's just sleeping in abandoned houses. If you ask me, a squat is a communal living in order to reclaim a bank-owned building.

And even with abandonned buildings... except if it rains, I think the risk of breaking in a building everytime you get to a new city is just not worth it, considering the amount of great forest hide-outs, and the fact that every abandonned house ive been in smelled like mold (which is terrible for you).

Maybe im doing it wrong, but thats my experience so far
Well really, squatting is squatting, whether you stay there for a night or forever. If there's no owner, that equates nobody to press charges. Yes, mold can be an issue, look I agree, I angle for woods too, but if I know it's going to rain, I generally try and squat. Also, I'm the one stupid train hopper that carries a tent, not a tarp.

• Haha
Reactions: Daman45

djskum

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for a adventure.
I am keeping my needs to transpiration, food, and shelter. Transportation is hitchhiking, rideshare, or public transient. Food supermarket, cooking, or leftovers from restaurant. But the thing that bugs me the most is shelter.
I am planning to use friends, Airbnb, and couchsurfing. However, in case of EMERGENCIES I also want to know how to squat. I am smart enough to know there are some fucked up people out there so I need advice.
Thank you.
I my self like to stay by my self because you don't have to worry about some wingnut jackin your shit! Also look for spots where there is less traffic and roof tops are the best, no one looks up.keep everything in your pack next to you and don't show the world what you own. What they don't see they won't want. That goes double if you are in a house with someone you don't know.

• Useful
Reactions: Daman45 and Mankini
G

Grubblin

I agree, youll find your rhythm and what works best for you over time. Id avoid sleeping near anyone you dont completely trust and trust no one until the rhythm is yours.

• Useful
Reactions: Daman45

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads