Homemade jam from mulberries I picked in my backyard =] | Squat the Planet

Homemade jam from mulberries I picked in my backyard =]

kennacoconut

Reaction score
I've always eaten the mulberries growing on the trees around here (Kansas City, Kansas) and today I made some badass jam from them.

What are your favorite wild foods?

Attachments

• 526065_10150850004407730_580952729_9529687_2024710809_n.jpg
    526065_10150850004407730_580952729_9529687_2024710809_n.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 371
Reactions: Rover Damn

kennacoconut

Reaction score
The only problem is picking them! Sometimes I squish them (not a problem when making jam though) or I am too rough and I fling a branch.

The ones on the ground are sometimes tastier :) just gotta be careful to not get an old one or step on too many

Plus... mulberries STAIN!

TGandChunk

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I've never even heard of those! They sound mysterious

they're really good, especially if you make wine from them. not sure if they grow naturally in kansas, but i do know they grow pretty rampantly in louisiana and the general southeastern area of the country. blackberries too. never tried mulberries though. i'm in the kansas city area actually housed up for a bit with a job and such, where would i go to find mulberries?

kennacoconut

Reaction score
I live in kck and the trees are everywhere. Where have you been staying?

they're really good, especially if you make wine from them. not sure if they grow naturally in kansas, but i do know they grow pretty rampantly in louisiana and the general southeastern area of the country. blackberries too. never tried mulberries though. i'm in the kansas city area actually housed up for a bit with a job and such, where would i go to find mulberries?

Dmac

Reaction score
you can maks some good wine from them, try it, you'll like it!

Dmac

Reaction score
i just noticed that under my name it says "hungry for knowledge" . and as you may well know, "knowledge is power!" but "power corrupts" and "corruption is crime" and of course "crime doesn't pay" no wonder i am broke as fuck.

kennacoconut

Reaction score
The hungry tend to be broke. :p
i just noticed that under my name it says "hungry for knowledge" . and as you may well know, "knowledge is power!" but "power corrupts" and "corruption is crime" and of course "crime doesn't pay" no wonder i am broke as fuck.

TGandChunk

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hmm... tomorrow I'm planning on taking the dogs to Hillsdale State Park so we can go swimming in the lake there and I'll take a look around there for some mulberries, now you've got me wanting to make some homemade jam too! :D

Also, Olathe is actually not that bad for travellers, I went through here in the summertime last year, cops don't really care as long as you're polite to them. I wouldn't recommend going through Overland Park to anybody though, they're pretty strict on anti pitbull laws. I guess what I'm trying to say is, travelling through the KC area, it's probably best to just stick to KC.

kennacoconut

Reaction score
Agreed. Cops are nazis but there are tons of abandon houses to kick it in! If I didn't have roommates, I would be hosting couch surfers every night!

Dmac

Reaction score
i was in kc like 2 years ago, there were boarded up houses on every block! (at least it seemed like it) never seen so many empty houses anywhere else.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads