Hitching out of Boston?

N

NickCofphee

I got a free bus ticket out of NYC to Boston, but shit looks weird for hitching.

Anyone had any experience doing this? I'm trying to get to Greenfield, MA (which is along I-91, west of Boston) I have a little cash for bus fare to get to a good onramp or whatever. Trains would be a waste of time from here, kinda close and there's no direct line that goes from Boston to Greenfield.

stove

Reaction score
You can get directly into greenfield by using Rt 2, tough it will be slow going for quite a while, until you get out past leominster.

from legendaryrob:
A really good starting point for eastbound I-90 (Mass.Pike) ramp is near a subway / surface station on the GREEN LINE Rt "D" out past Fenway Park in NEWTON (it's a Peter Pan stop too if you get desperate).
Just stay about 300 feet from the toll booth w/a "west" sign on the guardrail and you shouldn't be bothered.

Or same spot, with a sign for "AMHERST". This will get you to within 30 miles, and from there you can get 63/5/12 north to greenfield. If anyone asks, just say that you are a student at UMASS Amherst, trying to get back to school. (You may want to put UMASS on your sign).

Disclaimer: I have not hitched this route, but I grew up in Mass, and spent a bit of time in the western Mass area.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads