hitchin' from miami to los angeles | Squat the Planet

hitchin' from miami to los angeles

hutchie

Reaction score
I have the best luck with hitchhiking in the hottest part of the day. Of course I mean if you are going through the desert fuck that though. I just walk as usual and don't fly a sign or stick out my thumb. Just cruise along looking pitiful. Also I know it sounds superstitious as fuck, but every time I've ever helped a turtle across the road I got a ride within 10 minutes. As far as sleeping I just stay under bridges. Just plan a route and look up resources in each city along the way. Sundays are always hard cause libraries and day shelters and shit like that are closed. Thats another thing. You can follow the homebums around from the library to find the handouts. Good luck. Use your head and remember when you are passed out drunk or sleeping you are fair game to anyone. I've woke up in a hospital with both eyes beat shut and no idea how it happened.

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
Use your head and remember when you are passed out drunk or sleeping you are fair game to anyone. I've woke up in a hospital with both eyes beat shut and no idea how it happened.

Yeah, I'm always real careful about where I sleep, especially when traveling alone!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads