Hitchiking and the hwy patrol and sleeping under a rock ledge to avoid the rain.

Kal

Reaction score
I was hitchhiking on hwy 460 from Roanoke Va to Pikeville Ky . A few hours of walking and I finally caught a ride, he decides he wants to get on the interstate. After a few miles he drops me off at a truck stop near the interstate. So here I am stuck at a truck stop by the interstate and a dirt road. So I decide to walk on the interstate, which is illegal. So about 15 min of walking a car stops and I say to my self alright until the lights flash then I said to my self oh shit. He gets out and the first thing he said to me was your not going to do anything crazy are you, and I said no. We talked, while he searched my backpack. He then ask what my address is and I said I don't have one. He tells me that I better come up with an address or he will arrest me so I give him an old address he said that would work. He then writes me a ticket for walking on the interstate and just when I thought he was going to leave me there he gives me a ride back to hwy 460. After all of that it decides to lightly rain, I walk a little further and notice this big hill almost a mountain that had rock ledges. So I climbed this hill and find shelter under a rock ledge for 3 nights while it did nothing but rain. On the 4th day I head out and discover that I wasn't to far away from the state line about a 25 min walk. After I crossed the state line in to Kentucky I walked for 2 to 3 hours and caught a ride all the way to Pikeville Ky.

Mongo

Reaction score
When were you on the 460? I was just on the 460 for a few days because The only ride I could get out of Beckley was south past I-64 toward princeton in West Virginia. I was heading toward Roanoke though.

Kal

Reaction score
It has been about 4 to 5 years ago. I only got three rides one from the guy who took me to the truck stop, the other one back to 460 from the hwy patrol and the other from a woman in Kentucky who took me to pikewille.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads