Featured - HitchBOT destroyed in Philadelphia, ending U.S. tour | Page 3 | Squat the Planet

Featured HitchBOT destroyed in Philadelphia, ending U.S. tour

A

AlwaysLost

it definitely *is* americans though. i mean the damn thing made i across canada and europe and the minute it gets here it gets destroyed (after two weeks of going almost nowhere). i think that says a lot about american society.

Robots are evil. How many humans are obsolete and have had their jobs made redundant by these miscreant automated automatons.

DESTROY ALL ROBOTS ... Before its too late.

jaws

Reaction score
If that Robot was made out of aything other than what it is (bucket, rubber gloves, etc.) it would have been stolen and scrapped for money.
From what experience I have, hitch hiking in other countries is far easier than in the U.S.

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
Self-driving car lead suspect in Hitchbot murder case
August 5, 2015 by Rob Ito

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2015/08/self-driving-car-lead-suspect-in-hitchbot-murder-case/

b276e78805e8a73c6acaf606900864fe.jpg

PHILADELPHIA, PA- Following the murder of Canadian-made robot Hitchbot, Philadelphia police have released the identity of their main suspect; Google automated car GC-8402.
“We think there must have been an altercation of some kind between the two, which precipitated the attack,” said Constable William Gordon of the Philadelphia PD. “Maybe Hitchbot suggested an alternate route.”
Robot rights activists have taken this unfortunate case to highlight the lack of protection afforded to automatons by Canadian and U.S. law.
“The three laws of criminal robotics are in serious need of reform.” said robot rights lawyer David Waxler. “The first law prohibits robots from harming humans, but leaves the door wide opens for mass robot-on-robot violence. There are thousands of inhumane battlebot fights happening each year in America alone, and no legal repercussions for the perpetrators.”
The suspect is being described as white, 3042 pound Toyota Prius wearing Goodyear tires. Police advised 8402 may have discarded it’s license plate or gotten a new paint job to avoid detection.
This is the most heartbreaking case of robocide since chess playing computer Deep Blue was found murdered in it’s New York apartment by short circuit.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads