Hipsters on trains | Page 3 | Squat the Planet

Hipsters on trains

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
HOOOOOLLLLLYYYY SHIT! Do y'all remember?

I kinda hope these two "hipsters" are STP users, I'd like to hear their end of this. You kinda came unraveled over very little.

This is hilarious! It's definitely sad too. It saddens me that @trashswag86 you're able to take what @sour pupp described(which seems like a way more realistic retelling of events) and somehow concoct that into such a chiding recap. Not only that you perceived it that way in your own head, but then went on full diatribe in a public forum to discredit them. You really don't like big sunglasses do you?

I knew this thing smelled funny, like there was absolutely no way there wasn't another side to this story. Likely a much more truthful side to this story. I almost feel like you knew in your heart of hearts this post was bullshit. You got mad defensive dog. Instead of taking some of the constructive outlooks the rest of us were offering up you just went extra hard in the paint.

D

Deleted member 24782

Are these the shades yall are talkin about? Cuz they're fuckin' awesome! We are hipsters!!! We are hobos! One love.

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 2.12.24 PM.png

Reactions: Jimmy Beans

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Where's yer sunglasses? Do you even trains bro? #HipsterNation #OccupyTheJungles #AreYouEvenOneOfUs #AreYouScared #BigObnoxiousShades #HipsterOrHobo

CheapSunglasses.png

D

Deleted member 29293

You sound like a MYSOGINISTIC, FRAGILE LITTLE BOY.

Woman cant tell you what's up without you getting butthurt and posting to STP in hopes that some men will bite and sympathize??? (Leave it up to Mike Brody to be that man...)

I heard you were going south from Dunsmuir. I dare you to come to Oakland with your bullshit. Several people want to talk to you.

You will not get away with this.

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

Woman cant tell you what's up without you getting butthurt and posting to STP in hopes that some men will bite and sympathize??? (Leave it up to Mike Brody to be that man...)

I heard you were going south from Dunsmuir. I dare you to come to Oakland with your bullshit. Several people want to talk to you.

Ehh, not really feelin the threat vibes here. Also the vendetta you have against Brodie is something you need to take to his DMs. Just like it was explained to you on the list serve we're both on, we don't want the drama here either. I do agree with you about OP, it certainly has a misogynistic feel to it and I think OP does need to be called out on it but the texty tough guy
I dare you to come to Oakland with your bullshit. Several people want to talk to you.
bit feels a little unnecessary.

• Agree
Reactions: Matt Derrick
D

Deleted member 24782

WELCOME TO SQUAT THE PLANET WHERE THE REAL BOS HANGOUT!!!!! XOXO

trashswag86

Reaction score
K, I wasn't gonna respond, but since y'all want more, who am I to deny you?

I agree with 80% of what Sour-whatever-her-name-was.
How about we do this bandwagon thing and everybody who wasn't there agree with Sour and J Lupo, and everybody make dumbass comments? How much longer can y'all make this post? At least my responses were to correct dumbasses that don't think context matters. Y'alls responses, on the other-hand, is just more dumbassness.

Edit: 80% doesn't cover the parts where or stories conflict obviously. I specifically remember being told the camp up yonder was "ftra only", not "old ftra". And fuck how stupid this thread has become. I replied to Jr Lupo about Mars in a DM. Dudes a total troll mod.

Last edited:
  • Stupid
Reactions: Joey Garbanzo

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah I mean the upvotes speak for themselves, just about everything you've posted on this thread is thumbs down and shit while the point I made to begin with was heavily upvoted and most after that were too but go on with that theory. You're probably totally right. We're the one's with the problem, not you.

You should create a poll.

Also-

" Mars is strong in Aries right now. Be a useless fool. Go:"

The irony

Is Jupiter in retrograde? Is that what this is all about?

• Haha
Reactions: Coywolf

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
K, I wasn't gonna respond, but since y'all want more, who am I to deny you?

I agree with 80% of what Sour-whatever-her-name-was.
How about we do this bandwagon thing and everybody who wasn't there agree with Sour and J Lupo, and everybody make dumbass comments? How much longer can y'all make this post? At least my responses were to correct dumbasses that don't think context matters. Y'alls responses, on the other-hand, is just more dumbassness.

Mars is strong in Aries right now. Be a useless fool. Go:

"I'm not a chicken, you're a TURKEY!" *runs away crying over dramatically*

D

Deleted member 29293

I agree tough guy texting is whack, and I believe I said I would meet up with dude in person and have a chat.

Mike and I have our differences, but we have already spoken today. All is fine.
Now plz delete my government name on your other comment. That is drysnitching.

QUOTE="Eng JR Lupo RV323, post: 303180, member: 11862"]
Ehh, not really feelin the threat vibes here. Also the vendetta you have against Brodie is something you need to take to his DMs. Just like it was explained to you on the list serve we're both on, we don't want the drama here either. I do agree with you about OP, it certainly has a misogynistic feel to it and I think OP does need to be called out on it but the texty tough guy

bit feels a little unnecessary.
[/QUOTE]

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Now plz delete my government name on your other comment. That is drysnitching.

Done. My bad on that. I've seen you go by your Christian name elsewhere so I didn't really think twice about it. Realizing now that was a private list serve so.. private. Anyhow.. it's edited.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I'm late to the party but I got my hipster shades on this morning so lets bring it! I heard there would be turkey and chicken. Can I get a plate with some avocado toast on the side??
IMG_20200728_160546.jpg

Tony G

Reaction score
You can be a hipster or a hobo -not both.

Came across a couple train hoppin ladies in Dunsmuir. They looked to be about 30-35, and one of em had these big obnoxious shades on that made me think she really needs attention, but that's the least of it.

They pointed me to the sbd hobo camp, and said just beyond was an ftra only camp.

I coul tell from the way she said it, it was a joke -I was about 90% sure of that. Plus I've heard from more reputable sources that ftra doesn't really exist any more, but that doesn't stop any group of scumbags from taking the name.

So why do people joke like this? It seems to be an attempt at gate-keeping against those who aren't up to snuff on train lore, etc. Ya know, against the wannabes... At least that's how the scenesters see it. So I get to the camp and spend the next few hours telling myself that it's just hipster b.s., and that I'm safe.

The ftra, whatever they were actually about, have this sorta Hells Angels status about them, ya know like ignorant racist rapist pieces of shit. So if there's ftra, or even just someone claiming to be ftra in my vicinity, I wanna know about it!

Maybe those hipster ladies have never seen 3, 4, 5 or more people beat up on one other person. I have. That shit's fucked up. Maybe they still think they're young and more or less invincible. I used to be like that. Then my luck ran out one day.

Maybe there should be a certain amount of gate-keeping with trains, but joking about real fucking issues like safety among other travelers isn't the way to do it. Plus it wreaks of cool-points/cliquiness.

These kids needa know that not everyone is trying to join their scene. Some of us are just trying to live our lives.

So I was thinking about the definition of a hobo, and part of it includes the hobo code, about helping a traveler out, and I wanna say you can be a hipster or a hobo, but not both. Them joking that there was ftra or ftra posers about is not good for my mental well-being, not good for my mental health. That shit does not help me out. I'm out here alone, with no dog, and all I've got is a smiley I made using a 4-way silcock key. So be real with me.

I spent the rest of the day fixing up the camp, trying to establish myself a bit more on the hobo side of things. Y'all hipsters can suck my hard work. I cleared out all the snake grass and other weeds and dug up rocks from a spot about 9x7 feet, and rolled a another rock down a hill that happened to make the perfect seat, weather sitting regular or cross-legged.

Between the hipster fucks that flatter themselves thinking everyone wants to be in on their scene, and the old fucks that gripe about anyone looking for a handout, (separate topic, so I won't address it here) it's no wonder I don't hang out with other train riders. Most of them suck.
Hang out no other than my mentor and the old gaurd as he called em i ride solo period the only time i "fraternize" with other bos or anybody is in britt you understand most of the assholes ive seen dont look to nice ya dig

daveycrockett

Reaction score
I've been hitching usa for 25 yrs. Had the opportunity to ride frieght but never had to. I've hung out with people who ride rails all over, sometimes seeing the same folk different parts of the country, but was always me, loner, hitchhiker just me, my job, my girl. Because I'm im different I can't come to ride your trains? What the fuck is a hipster? Seriously. I can't define anything in life. We as humans can only record and say what was, not what is or what will be.

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I've been hitching usa for 25 yrs. Had the opportunity to ride frieght but never had to. I've hung out with people who ride rails all over, sometimes seeing the same folk different parts of the country, but was always me, loner, hitchhiker just me, my job, my girl. Because I'm im different I can't come to ride your trains? What the fuck is a hipster? Seriously. I can't define anything in life. We as humans can only record and say what was, not what is or what will be.

Yeah that kid was a kook. Probably projecting his own insecurities more than anything else. The so-called "hipsters" showed up in this thread and called him out on his shit and he hasn't logged in since.

D

Deleted member 29963

I'm sort of confused; I haven't been through Roseville for a while (summer 2014) but I had definitely been warned about a camp I saw on the Citrus Heights (south) end of the yard by basically everyone I knew who went through Roseville circa 2013, the first time I did.

I'm assuming that's the old (or only) FTRA camp, so it was basically good info in the first place, right?

I definitely wish there was less snark in the world and sometimes have a hard time interpreting what people mean when they aren't being literal.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads