Website
www.youtube.com

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
on dogs, theres groups of travelers under the jurisdiction of scum fuc family who would earn you tattoos, and then the obviously freight train riders of america/association which I guess has a code as well. theres hobos who will stalk you on the trains and fuck you up in the next city you get to if they dont like you riding the lines, they might even throw you off!

Look, this does exist. I'll give you that. But it's not like its prevalent, or widespread, by any means. I've only met two people who claim FTRA while riding, one was an old head, I believed him. Other guy was a newer kid, and I think some people talked him into something that he didn't really understand.

And ya, there's a code. Of course there is. I was just talking to another rider im depth about this in Ogden. Take care of your family, don't shit where you eat/sleep, help others when in need, don't fuck with the railroad. Its just the 'hobo code' passed down through the years.

The idea of rail crews/gangs out there being dangerous is really silly. Most of us are out here to disappear and experience true freedom. The people who decide they want to 'police' that freedom need to fuck right off. This isint a club, its....well...I don't even know what it is, but its fucking great.

Last edited:

born2raizehell

owen mooney
Reaction score
Look, this does exist. I'll give you that. But it's not like its prevalent, or widespread, by any means. I've only met two people who claim FTRA while riding, one was an old head, I believed him. Other guy was a newer kid, and I think some people talked him into something that he didn't really understand.

And ya, there's a code. Of course there is. I was just talking to another rider im depth about this in Ogden. Take care of your family, don't shit where you eat/sleep, help others when in need, don't fuck with the railroad. Its just the 'hobo code' passed down through the years.

The idea of rail crews/gangs out there being dangerous is really silly. Most of us are out here to disappear and experience true freedom. The people who decide they want to 'police' that freedom need to fuck right off. This isint a club, its....well...I don't even know what it is, but its fucking great.

okay sounds like most are saying its not a thing. Its funny that youd mention blood bound because I may be new here but Im an old soul and believe that I will be reunited with my group during 'the great reunion' when every traveler must pass on.

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ok but just as long as you understand the "great reunion" isn't some ridiculous big rock candy mountain hobo heaven where every boxcar comes with a space bag & Hobo Stobe and all your shwilly pals are there waiting for you to join them on the A37 eastbound. The great reunion will be your body decaying into the ground(or your burnt pulverized bone remains will be bagged up and given to your family to be scattered) and then you'll be leeched into the earth where the mycelium will reunite your energy to the flora on the surface.

Your energy will carry on in that flora as it utilizes your contribution of iron, calcium, phosphorus and other minerals to grow strong and create seeds, flowers, fruit and such. The insects and birds and shit will feast upon said flora, seeds/fruit which has all been infused with your energy and they will use it for their energy to grow, live and fly. Eventually they'll age and be eaten by rats, birds or other animals or maybe even just die from cirrhosis of the liver and they'll one day also decay into the ground where the mycelium will reunite their energy and your energy back into the flora on the surface to be eaten and reunited again and again and again and again.

Reactions: Zippy Blamo

Zippy Blamo

fucking old
Reaction score
Ok but just as long as you understand the "great reunion" isn't some ridiculous big rock candy mountain hobo heaven where every boxcar comes with a space bag & Hobo Stobe and all your shwilly pals are there waiting for you to join them on the A37 eastbound. The great reunion will be your body decaying into the ground(or your burnt pulverized bone remains will be bagged up and given to your family to be scattered) and then you'll be leeched into the earth where the mycelium will reunite your energy to the flora on the surface.

Your energy will carry on in that flora as it utilizes your contribution of iron, calcium, phosphorus and other minerals to grow strong and create seeds, flowers, fruit and such. The insects and birds and shit will feast upon said flora, seeds/fruit which has all been infused with your energy and they will use it for their energy to grow, live and fly. Eventually they'll age and be eaten by rats, birds or other animals or maybe even just die from cirrhosis of the liver and they'll one day also decay into the ground where the mycelium will reunite their energy and your energy back into the flora on the surface to be eaten and reunited again and again and again and again.

This is weirdly comforting

Reactions: Jimmy Beans

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
This is weirdly comforting

I think so too. It's guaranteed eternal life without all the crazy stipulations and guidelines someone else says you have to follow. So keep on sinning! Or shining benevolently, you're going to the same place either way. Right where you are now. Idk, that's my take on it anyway. But we're exceedingly getting away from the subject of gatekeepers(more or less the subject of OP's post) and I don't wanna derail too far away from that so I'm gonna look for a thread about afterlife and maybe just necro that back to life and maybe this conversation can reach some neat new levels there, in a more fitting thread.

[edit] Found one. @Zippy Blamo and it's actually written a million times better than I put it, too. I'm actually disappointed nobody even commented on that thread. Also I remember that member from many years ago and I liked the things they had to say. I wonder where life has taken them and what they're up to now. Here, have a look at this post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zippy Blamo

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads