Hidden Compartments

Agni Riniari

<(-.-<) ^(-.-)^ (>-.-)> ^(-.-)^ <(-.-<)
Reaction score

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
I used to have a whistle that unscrewed and had an airtight compartment. though it's only inconspicuous to people who've never seen one, which is rare since almost everyone i met knew how it worked. was a nifty place to store my greens when i had it. also had a compass on it.

Agni Riniari

<(-.-<) ^(-.-)^ (>-.-)> ^(-.-)^ <(-.-<)
Reaction score
i make a bandana with a zipper pocket

Hm. Depending on what, and how much, you put in it, it seems like it would show that something was odd about it, just due to the weight. But I think it is a really cool idea, because, if you're wearing it, who'd know?

I used to have a whistle that unscrewed and had an airtight compartment. though it's only inconspicuous to people who've never seen one, which is rare since almost everyone i met knew how it worked. was a nifty place to store my greens when i had it. also had a compass on it.

Hm. It is interesting how apparently everyone knew how it worked, but I would like to try and find the design to learn how it worked.

- Agni

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
be creative, think of things no one else would think. if you have small amounts of stuff, it souldnt be that hard. for larger amounts of things like weed or shrooms try hiding them in th ebottom of your pack in your dirty luandry bag.

Driftwhistler

Reaction score
There's always the old school way of slitting a hole in your jacket and stuffing your shit in there and then patching over it. The hood of a sweatshirt works if you've got one that's double layered. Less space to lose shit in. You can also sew a double layered patch into your jeans and make a sort of pocket on the inside, but if you beat on your clothes a lot that's probably a terrible idear. I guess it depends on the size of whatever you're stashing. You could probably, and I'm just making shit up now, stash teensy bits of green inside a plug if you were really that desperate, but I imagine you would have to make it yourself or find one that's designed for that exact purpose.

cport420

Reaction score
Cheap silk sunglasses bag with a safety pin by your crotch. Have personally seen it work a few times. Some sunglasses vendors in the malls will give you one if you ask. Say you lost yours. We call em nut bags here.

Reactions: OrganVile

eske silver

In Disguise
Reaction score
I always sew a pocket on the inside of each side of my bra.
Just big enough for twice folded monies.
Rule of thumb: Never, ever, Ever have more than a few bucks in a pocket someone else can see/ steal from.
Also, I had one pair of cowboy boots that I sewed small zip pouches into, right along my calf, inside the tall part.
It's insanely easy to make hidden pockets all over jeans, jackets, hoodies and hats.

Reactions: Odin

DonnyDerelict

Reaction score
When I make denim vests I always make sure the unedited jacket(before I buy/swipe it) has those side pockets.
I don't ever use the pocket how the manufacturer intended, but I put all kinds of shit on the inside "pocket" that results when they sew the inside of the pocket to the jacket.

ancienttoes

Reaction score
Good tips. I am always paranoid about money. I've gotten jumped before. But I didn't have any on me because I thought that I might get jumped. So they gave me a black eye and swollen lip but they just got a broken cell phone and a toothbrush they threw back at me. I have used in my shoe but perhaps it would be better to have another place that more advanced muggers might not think of.

OrganVile

Reaction score
I used that sunglass bag method when I was out and about, you're pretty much good unless the muggers tell you to take off your pants... then you got bigger problems anyways..

OrganVile

Reaction score
Woah that belt is really cool, though. But I feel like my cash would work its way deeper and deeper in and I would end up having to rip the thing apart.

DonnyDerelict

Reaction score
I use the nut bag method since I retired my vest, but I just made my own pouch out of a cloth napkin. I just patched over the stitches, and I put it so I can just unzip my pants and pull my cash out. Also; my buddy gave me like a 1" cut of bike tube to hold my ID and cash together with. It kicks the shit out of carrying a wallet.

dprogram

Reaction score
I used to have a pair shoes called Sha-Sha's and when you removed the insole there was a tag with the logo on the bottom you lift it up and theres like this 1x3 inch hollowed out section to put your "spare key" in. Maybe try that with your current pair. Had some bullhead jeans during that same time period and there was a velcro pocket right below the crotch on the leg. It was in the seem so you couldn't see it. Also had one inside the pants on the waistband. Just throwing that info out there in case it helps.

• Useful
Reactions: eske silver

Traveler

Reaction score
I had a pair of pants with the velcro pocket in the inseam too. Great for stashing. I have a hoodie with a hidden zipper pocket on one of the side seams too. <3 stash clothes :)

K

Kim Chee

If you carry around a bag of aluminum cans and plastic bottles like you're recycling, the cops are more than happy to dispose of that bag (and it's contents) for you should you go to jail. They do not give a shit about that bag unless a dog hits on it or if it is unusually heavy.

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads