Hi, I'm Angela

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score
Howdy, my name's Angela. I first found this site about 9 months ago while googling wilderness squatting because I have a preference for living in the woods and like to camp for extended periods and I've also squatted a few rural houses. I love music to the point where it's kind of an addiction. I play a fiddle badly along with some other random instruments including a washboard and a set of wooden spoons. I also love to read about anything I can get my hands on but especially certain magazines/zines and political stuff. I like to grow food when I'm in a spot long enough to get something into the ground. And I like to write. I have a dog named Duffields named after the town in West Virginia where I found him, I usually just call him Duffy or Fluffyduff for short. I also have a cat named Idgie but she's been pretty much adopted by her grandmother(my mother) because she doesn't like to travel. I have a pair of very itchy feet that seem to like to wander. I've been doing that for quite awhile now mostly hitching,busing, and rubber tramping but also a few trains in the southeast. I've traveled in every state except Hawaii. The last couple of years I've been doing the majority of my traveling in a van. I grew up near Portland but scurried away when I was 18 although I do keep wandering back periodically. I've also lived for periods in South Dakota, California, Arizona and North Carolina. The longest I've stayed in one place in the last fourteen years was for a little over three years in Boone North Carolina while I was going to school but even then I had a tendency to wander away during the summer months. I did finally manage to get a degree a few years ago in Anthropology(that's a great degree to do nothing with and have it not be a complete waste!). At 32 I'm starting to feel a little old but that's only because their are so many youngsters on here. I don't think at this point I'm going to stop traveling ever but I think my dream would be to build a little shack up in the woods somewhere so I could have a home base to travel from.
It's good to meet y'all on here and hope that I meet more of you in person down the road.

Reactions: todd

Dmac

Reaction score
welcome, welcome, welcome, it's always good to have people on here with good practical experience. check out the waystations post, for some help on the road, if ya ever need it! and don't worry, there are some old fuckers, like me, on here.:yourock:

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll see ya on Friday. And by pancakes I'm guessing your talking about those things you tried to pass off as biscuits in Eugene :) They sure didn't look like biscuits to me but they were mighty tasty whatever they were.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads