Hi from the upper peninsula, getting back on the road to Boston

Becky Leach

Reaction score
Getting back on the road in May.
Been on the road on and off for 25 yrs. Took a year break and now ready to go.
I'll be traveling alone, but Iprefer a roaddog. Hitching or hopping, or walking is my usual form of traveling.
Want to check out Boston and tour the New England area this summer. Never been to Boston.
Any suggestions on where to go once I get there?
Thanks,

• Best of Luck!
Reactions: Bushpig

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hey! It's nice to see another traveler in my age range :)

It's been forever since I've been to boston, but I remember there being a really neat hot dog place called 'spikes' that might be worth checking out. They had like 20 different kinds of hot dogs (everything from teriaki to pizza) and even vegan hot dogs. And it's one of those places that will put you on their wall of fame if you eat so many hot dogs, etc...

anyways, you might HATE hot dogs, i dunno, but it was a unique enough place that I've always remembered it. otherwise, im not sure if you're into urbex (urban exploration, exploring abandoned places) but there's a decent amount of that in the region.

When you get up that way, if you feel like sharing some of your adventures, I'd love to see you make some threads in the travel stories section of StP, it's been so long since I've been up there and I've been curious about exploring it myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Becky Leach

Becky Leach

Reaction score
Hey. I'll be hitting the road here soon myself. And I also plan to explore New England since I've never been. If you see a bald mixed race guy, say hi!

Good luck with your travels. I'm not expecting many rides with the current outbreak, but I figure you'll do better
Hi thank you! I'll keep my eyes peeled.
Yeah with the rides,may be difficult. I plan on doing a lot of walking,but that is part of the adventure,eh?

Reactions: Matt Derrick

Bushpig

Reaction score
Yeah with the rides,may be difficult. I plan on doing a lot of walking,but that is part of the adventure,eh?
I'm planning on hoofing it a lot. And bought a nice camping hammock to make life a little better whenever there are a few trees. I've never envied women for the shit they have to put up with, but hitching is quicker for them. Be safe out there though.

Reactions: Becky Leach

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
Personally I think Boston is one of the worst parts of mass. Berkshires/North Adams, Franklin and Hampshire county and the Cape/Provincetown are all way more traveler friendly and easy to get around. Boston has good busking but that's about it.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads