Hey guys! new intro here | Squat the Planet

Hey guys! new intro here

nickd03

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Hey all, I've been lurking this site for about 8 months, procrastinating making an intro and posting. But basically, I'm a 16 year old interested in trainhopping and traveling the US and maybe Canada. I haven't really traveled a lot, but I love camping and the outdoors. I wanna get my GED and hopefully hit the road sometime in the next 6 months.

D

Deleted member 14481

Honestly, I got my GED, and it's overrated. I feel like I could have lied about my GED, because employers don't check for that shit.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
even tho no one checks for it, you'll certainly need it for some higher level degrees if you ever become interested in doing that.

no rush though, even if you have to wait till yer 18, you got a whole life ahead of ya.

• Agree
Reactions: Crazy Hobo Johnny

TayNZ

Kiwi Vagabond
Reaction score
Personal advice from me is wait till your 18 man. Then you can do what ever the fuck you want. I just turned 19, 8 days ago and been on the road 2 and a half months. Working on farms, hitching and I even got in a 10 day holiday to fiji.

But thats only me, do whatever your heart desires and safe travels dude!

Reactions: Juan Derlust

BradKajukenbo

Reaction score
Yer a minor, even if you get emancipated yer gonna put people around you in possible legal trouble. Get used to lying about yer age and possibly fucking over someone because of yer age or wait till yer 18 if that's a viable option. I'm not trying to sound like a dick or sound like yer dad but it's just the way it is.

Welcome to stp.

I say this is the best advise the kid can get.

D

Deleted member 14481

even tho no one checks for it, you'll certainly need it for some higher level degrees if you ever become interested in doing that.

no rush though, even if you have to wait till yer 18, you got a whole life ahead of ya.
As someone who's not trying to seek higher education, I could've lied my life about it.

But, that's fair that you want to get it for your parents concern. Whatever floats your boat.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads