Hey guys! new intro here (1 Viewer)

nickd03

Lurker
Current Location
Oklahoma, US
Hey all, I've been lurking this site for about 8 months, procrastinating making an intro and posting. But basically, I'm a 16 year old interested in trainhopping and traveling the US and maybe Canada. I haven't really traveled a lot, but I love camping and the outdoors. I wanna get my GED and hopefully hit the road sometime in the next 6 months.
image000000-jpg.52281_Hey guys! new intro here_Introductions_Squat the Planet_7:57 PM

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.

Yer a minor, even if you get emancipated yer gonna put people around you in possible legal trouble. Get used to lying about yer age and possibly fucking over someone because of yer age or wait till yer 18 if that's a viable option. I'm not trying to sound like a dick or sound like yer dad but it's just the way it is.

Welcome to stp.

OP
nickd03

nickd03

Lurker
Current Location
Oklahoma, US
Honestly, I got my GED, and it's overrated. I feel like I could have lied about my GED, because employers don't check for that shit.
ya i'd say 50% of the reason I'm getting it though is for my parents, they'll feel a lot better that way.

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
even tho no one checks for it, you'll certainly need it for some higher level degrees if you ever become interested in doing that.

no rush though, even if you have to wait till yer 18, you got a whole life ahead of ya.

roughdraft

RápidoCorrenLosCarrosRespletoLosRielesDFerrocarril
Current Location
nowhere important
ya i'd say 50% of the reason I'm getting it though is for my parents, they'll feel a lot better that way.
that's good but you may also feel some personal satisfaction from having accomplished it

it's something noone can take from you

TayNZ

Kiwi Vagabond
Current Location
Fucking about, Australia
Personal advice from me is wait till your 18 man. Then you can do what ever the fuck you want. I just turned 19, 8 days ago and been on the road 2 and a half months. Working on farms, hitching and I even got in a 10 day holiday to fiji.

But thats only me, do whatever your heart desires and safe travels dude!

BradKajukenbo

Wanderer
Current Location
Redding, California
Yer a minor, even if you get emancipated yer gonna put people around you in possible legal trouble. Get used to lying about yer age and possibly fucking over someone because of yer age or wait till yer 18 if that's a viable option. I'm not trying to sound like a dick or sound like yer dad but it's just the way it is.

Welcome to stp.
I say this is the best advise the kid can get.

Inuyoujo

Current Location
Minneapolis, MN, United States
Website
youjoworks.weebly.com
even tho no one checks for it, you'll certainly need it for some higher level degrees if you ever become interested in doing that.

no rush though, even if you have to wait till yer 18, you got a whole life ahead of ya.
As someone who's not trying to seek higher education, I could've lied my life about it.

But, that's fair that you want to get it for your parents concern. Whatever floats your boat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $0.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $0.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $0.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $0.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

MFB wrote on slaapkaamers's profile.
I hosted Lilith/@slaapkaamers for 3 nights in Nov 19.
She was an exemplary guest. Good w both conversing and alone time. Trustworthy, didnt steal anything and I felt very comfortable leaving her alone at my place. She didnt stink and not a junky.
Lilith is a legit traveller, she's a sweet, artistic chick w lots of good and interesting ideas to chat about. A pleasure to host. If she's in your neck of the woods you should help her out. 😉
I have a pretty good new squat in sfe but im leaving soon if anyone wants the keys lmk.
The peavine is gorgeous, I highly recommend that route.
Fucking winter snuck up this year
Damn It! I've been thinking and debating about applying for a position as an Amtrash locomotive engineer! They have openings for Salt Lake City, UT and St. Cloud, MN. I know I got to go through training but I'll be on call 24/7? There goes my sex life and night time weekend parties! Screw that, I'll play with my train set-No Pun=No Joke!
Made back up into Cincy for the weekend. Gonna chill with some homies before we head west for the winter..
'The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.' -Elie Wiesel
Bey
First Vermont snowfall; Bon hiver, everybody!
anybody up in alaska wanna play some tunes?