Hey guys. Another Newbie here | Squat the Planet

Hey guys. Another Newbie here

RedDeath99

Reaction score
I'm 20yrs old. I've done a bit of research on my own for few months but haven't any experience expect for some minor camping. My plan is to head to Europe and travel til i find a place worth staying at. Im definitely in search of a traveling buddy to accompany me along the way or visa i don't really have a final destinition just yet. All advice and knowledge is welcomed

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Europe is high on my list of places to explore. Is there anything in particular you want to see? Are you planning on hitchhiking or some other mode? When do you think you will go?

RedDeath99

Reaction score
Europe is high on my list of places to explore. Is there anything in particular you want to see? Are you planning on hitchhiking or some other mode? When do you think you will go?
Honest cant wait to see big ben in person lol. I plan on doing any and all mode thats possible def want to hop a few trains for the thrill. Middle of Nov is when im setting off on my journey

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
So you have your passport and all that prepared already?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Reactions: exiledone956

roguetrader

Reaction score
if you're camping mid November onwards in Europe you're gonna have to go as far South as you can and quickly - coz the weather in France and Northern Spain will very likely be just as shitty as England - if you want actual regular sunshine we're talking all the way to the bottom of Europe i.e the Algarve in Portugal, South Coast of Spain, the end of Italy... I really can't stress this enough, especially if you're in a tent - as an alternative what about hitting a city with a good alternative scene and making some squatter friends - e.g Toulouse, Barcelona, possibly Berlin...

also as far as I know train hopping isn't really a thing in Europe - people do it occasionally as a stunt or a one off experience, but it's not a well developed scene like it is in the States and Canada.... I'm not saying it's impossible, it would be great if train hopping became a reality in Europe, but other than a few YouTube videos I'm not aware of much information available to get you started - maybe you could blaze the trail !

one form of free train riding that is widespread in Europe is 'bunking the train' which involves getting on a passenger train with no ticket / cheap local ticket and staying on til you get ejected - frequently the conductors in France and Spain just roll their eyes and give you a chit that says you gotta pay at a later date....

RedDeath99

Reaction score
if you're camping mid November onwards in Europe you're gonna have to go as far South as you can and quickly - coz the weather in France and Northern Spain will very likely be just as shitty as England - if you want actual regular sunshine we're talking all the way to the bottom of Europe i.e the Algarve in Portugal, South Coast of Spain, the end of Italy... I really can't stress this enough, especially if you're in a tent - as an alternative what about hitting a city with a good alternative scene and making some squatter friends - e.g Toulouse, Barcelona, possibly Berlin...

also as far as I know train hopping isn't really a thing in Europe - people do it occasionally as a stunt or a one off experience, but it's not a well developed scene like it is in the States and Canada.... I'm not saying it's impossible, it would be great if train hopping became a reality in Europe, but other than a few YouTube videos I'm not aware of much information available to get you started - maybe you could blaze the trail !

one form of free train riding that is widespread in Europe is 'bunking the train' which involves getting on a passenger train with no ticket / cheap local ticket and staying on til you get ejected - frequently the conductors in France and Spain just roll their eyes and give you a chit that says you gotta pay at a later date....
The plan is to head south as soon as i get there due to the weather. And i most deff plan i making some squatter friends when i go through cities because ik full well. Finding a place to sqaut in gonna be difficult

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Damn that sounds awesome. You should document your travels here like many others have, it would be great to see some photos/stories of your travels!

Reactions: RedDeath99

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads