Help out an Aussie with shelter please.. | Squat the Planet

Help out an Aussie with shelter please..

S

searchthisworld

Hello all, when I hit the roads of Australia I need a decent shelter, here down under we have tents or swags, we don't have tarp tents or anything like that, I will need something light for my pack but I want something that will have space for my pack and items that's why I was thinking a small one man tent. I will spend a lot of my time on the roads and camping out on the sides of roads, here in Australia on a lot of roads there is not much distance between the road and the fence line from the local farms so I get a little worried that I will get caught out with a tent and not have room to pitch one up. What do you guys think, I don't mind ordering gear from the US if I have to. I know there are lots of options like tarp tents, bivys and a lot more. Any advice from you kind people would be a great help. You guys in the US get a lot more options when it comes to equipment than we do over here in Aus.

Cheers Guys Tom.

kecleon

Reaction score
I'd get that bivi yeah like a cross between a bivi and a tent probably want something like that as a barrier to all the deadly wildlife you got over there lol. If you find like a mountaineering shop they usually have the lightest tents and bivis but they're expensive and over there everything is already so itll cost you.

I don't worry too much about space, also you gotta be careful sleeping at the edge of roads like debris broken glass tyres and shit from cars all ends up there and its noisy and a lot more dangerous than walking a bit away. Depends what kind of roads were talking about. Here it's pretty acceptable to camp on someone's land if you leave it how you found it and there's not a load of trespass signs up.

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads