help I'm trapped in Colorado (1 Viewer)

timeeeee

Current Location
Washington, DC
Part one was a train ride yesterday, a whole ten miles east out of Grand Junction before the cops kicked me off. Back in October for a court date, unless I decide to become a fugitive. Fine. I caught 2 good hitches across to Golden and camped out.

This morning I took public transportation to the Flying J on the east side of town, where there's a decent shoulder and a reasonable if not steady flow of traffic. Awesome. But nearly 6 hours of standing at the on-ramp with my sign and my thumb and big smiles has not yielded any results.

I'm worried that mostmost of this traffic is folks working at the distribution centers here. I'll try again in the morning and start as early as I can and maybe see a different crowd, but: is there a better place to hitch out of Denver heading east that I missed? This is a pretty unusual wait time for me!

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

Wolfs Paw

Current Location
Philladelphia
Dead and co cover band in a few weeks called death star orchestra playing at the red rocks ampethetre, best of luck bro. Fuck Colorado btw

OP
timeeeee

timeeeee

Current Location
Washington, DC
Dead and co cover band in a few weeks called death star orchestra playing at the red rocks ampethetre, best of luck bro. Fuck Colorado btw
Thanks yo. If it takes me that long to get a ride I'm going to start walking. The mountains are nice! But goddamn, the prisons and the wealthy adventure tourists.

superphoenix

Lurker
Current Location
NY
Colorado's normally so easy to hitch! I don't know what's up. Best of luck

OP
timeeeee

timeeeee

Current Location
Washington, DC
Colorado's normally so easy to hitch! I don't know what's up. Best of luck
Yeah, I got a lot of good rides around the mountains, and east of Denver, I'm sure this was just a getting-out-of-large-cities thing.

Where you going? I’d get to Cheyenne and get a Chicago bound CC.
It was less that I was trying to get out of Colorado and more that I was trying to get to Lawrence, KS. I appreciate this tip, Cheyenne -> Omaha -> KC might have been faster and would certainly have been more fun. I wouldn't have known where the CCs were plus my confidence about trains was down after my first go ended so quickly.

I made it to Lawrence this afternoon, thanks for the moral support y'all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$55.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $55.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $55.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $55.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Turns out, @Rhubarb Dwyer is even more handsome in person.
Watch out Australia! Tay is flying in on the 24th!
It only took three cities over three different time zones, but I finally got to meet up with @IVth. And, lemme tell ya, it was worth every mile. What a mensch!
dumpsternavel wrote on Erinn Oface's profile.
I wanna see more of your arrrrttttttt
I made it to dayton with time to spare, i went belen/kc(for supplies)/chicago(i got robbed)/indy/dayton. Besides getting robbed in chicago the trip has been great, quick trains good kickdowns and a nice 2 ride hitchhike to dayton.
io2286 wrote on coolusername123's profile.
Hobosexual- someone who has a relationship to get a place to stay
Happy friday the 13th!
Hmu or send something my way
Cheers!
It takes forever to do profiles via smartphone.. I'll fill this out on a laptop later.. me and my wife, Straps, recently moved from NC to central Ohio and are looking for like minded folks. Oldschool punk and metal etc is our tastes but not limited to. She does Vocals as well as I.. I also play bass. And am currently working on a demo. Think serial killer true crime punk.. not 'horror punk'.. true horror, yes.
*will update tonight
wheels are made for rollin/mules are made to pack/I never seen a sight that didnt look better lookin back

Members online