hello & what the fuck | Squat the Planet

hello & what the fuck

wanderingstar

Reaction score
whattuuup errybooodyy?! im khiara, im 23, and i have no idea what the fuck im doing. i am not going to tell you what i do or what i enjoy or what makes me me. i am going to tell you my current predicament because i think it will give you a better idea of where im at than my favorite music & pasttimes will..last week my car died. 2 nights ago my apartment flooded. i can no longer get through one day of job as a waitress. i dont have much money. i dont have much patience these days, although i used to have a lot. i dont know what i want, and am beginning to think i dont know who i am. i am in the midst of an on again off again relationship that has been driving me mad with love, happiness, sadness & rage for the past 5 years. i am so confused that i can barely live my life. i used to be very carefree & happy. i dont exactly know what happened, but i have some ideas. i found this website by accident, while reading something from matador. i have an intense desire to travel, to see the whole world, to live as many different ways as possible, to experience everything, just as all kinds of people would. i want to travel for perspective. i want to feel what it is like to be homeless, penniless, careless. i want to know what every lifestyle feels like. part of me wants to vagabond, roam, wander, whatever you like to call it. i want to go everywhere & do everything. this part of me thinks i will find freedom, and fall in love with this lifestyle. perhaps "find" happiness through this, or "find" myself. as i write this i know that happiness & the self are not found, but created, though i will continue searching for both.. the other part of me thinks i am just looking for something that i will not find outside of myself. this part of me wants to stay with my boyfriend, to have a relationship, to make a home, to make dinner & babies & have a garden & enjoy the "finer" things in life, whatever that means, and to live a more "settled" life. this part of me believes a lifestyle of travel & freeloading will get old fast & that i will not enjoy it, it will not be what i dream of. obviously i am full of fear & doubt, and lack self-confidence.

anyway, i dont really know why i am here. i guess im looking for some ideas, guidance, words of wisdom, connections, maybe some stories or speculation as to just what the fuck i shall do. thanks for listening.
love from ny,
me :love:

Reactions: Phoenix

Sid_Vicious

Reaction score
if i were you i'd stay around NY and see if the lifestyle is for you. just try homebummin it up and if thats too much for you then traveling will definitely be too much. being homless is not always fun but alot of the time it can be depending on who your with and what your doing and where your at. but if you need to find yourself as you say then by all means go and find yourself. NY is a pretty good place to start at. im sure there is alot of squat houses and shit out there. be careful, its a dangerous lifestyle but if you can handle it its a really good way to live care free and just doing what ever the fuck you want without the need for money or having anyone tell you what to do.
good luck and be safe in your travels!

M

mittens

Hey WS,

I'm fairly new to this site, too. But, by the sounds of things, you probably need to hit the road. I got a chance to travel last year, and I can tell you that it really lets you clear your head. sometimes thats all you need to see the bigger picture.

Make sure you do your research, though. Things can go wrong quickly, if you aren't careful. When you're doing research here, make sure you use the search button first, then ask about it. other wise the forum ends up with seven or eight versions of the same thread.

Good luck, hope you find what you're looking for.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads