hello squatters! let's make friends!

adaline

Reaction score
My bus mate and i are new to travel, and our first destination it's Nola by Halloween! We're looking for a parking spot for our home, cat friendly and safe! We are also looking for comrades!! We will be busking\street performing for $,and will likely get jobs (spanging ain't our style) please holla if you have tips!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
man, so jealous, i miss nola... it was my home base between travels for about 5 years. i sent you a pm about parking spots!

kaichulita

soul rebel
Reaction score
It seems like a lot of people have plans to be in nola for halloween. I've never been, but I'm thinking about checking it out for halloween. If I do end up going, I'll let you know cause I'm probably going to be the only one of my friends willing to go to nola for the weeknd haha

Reactions: adaline

adaline

Reaction score
It seems like a lot of people have plans to be in nola for halloween. I've never been, but I'm thinking about checking it out for halloween. If I do end up going, I'll let you know cause I'm probably going to be the only one of my friends willing to go to nola for the weeknd haha
Voodoo Halloween? These are my hopes!

Ferryn

Reaction score
I'll be through NOLA the middle of November, if anyone is around. I plan to get into the flooded Six Flags by any means necessary. If that's a terrible idea, tell me now.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I'll be through NOLA the middle of November, if anyone is around. I plan to get into the flooded Six Flags by any means necessary. If that's a terrible idea, tell me now.

don't believe anyone that says there isn't awesome shit to see there. i didn't go (when it was first abandoned) cause a friend said it wasn't worth the trip, then folks started publishing all these pics and it's fucking way interesting at the least, and epic at the most, so i regret not going.

Reactions: Ferryn

Ferryn

Reaction score
don't believe anyone that says there isn't awesome shit to see there. i didn't go (when it was first abandoned) cause a friend said it wasn't worth the trip, then folks started publishing all these pics and it's fucking way interesting at the least, and epic at the most, so i regret not going.
It certainly peaks my interest, I just imagined it's fairly well guarded. It's worth a stakeout.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
It certainly peaks my interest, I just imagined it's fairly well guarded. It's worth a stakeout.

from everyone i talked to it's not that bad. sure, there's security, but as long as you keep a low profile they won't notice you. if i had to guess, it's probably a 7/10 on the difficulty scale.

• Useful
Reactions: Ferryn

sketchytravis

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
i wanted to head there to visit friends for halloween. but the people that were going to go with me ended up getting like friends, significant others, and jobs... so like, they have llives now. sooo im almost guaranteed not. maybe next year. i really wanted to. but, its whatever.

Reactions: moopy

Stimp

Reaction score
Hey there! I am in nola too working voodoo fest until about the 3rd of november then heading to orlando for another fest from about the 4th to 10th. Ill shoot you a message!

Some cool places to check out that I have frequented thus far are.
-Fair Grinds (where im at now/coffee shop with wifi in mid city)
-Harrys corner (dive bar with cheap drinks in French quarter)
-Winn Dixie (grocery store, good place to get dry goods/food that will last for a good price or beer; Mid-city)
theres a lot of cool stuff in french quarter and obviously its a good place to busk, but its expensive; to squatter standards so I try to do most of my spending in mid city or farther out of the CBD.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
@adaline , how did your nola halloween go? anything particularly cool happen? and how did those parking spots i showed you work out?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads