hello im (sorta) new, looking for friends and advice and maybe a travel companion | Squat the Planet

hello im (sorta) new, looking for friends and advice and maybe a travel companion

cannedpeaches

Reaction score
hello !

i found this forum while doing research about freight hopping and travel gear and have been lurking for a few hours
y'all seem super friendly and helpful and comfy

guess i'll say a little about myself ~
i turn 30 this year
i'm a trans girl, have been out for the past 5 years, she/they please
i like to draw and write on stuff and longboard ~
i spent 6 months or so of my early 20s circumstantially drifting and have a good head for urban survival
i'm currently in Orlando, Florida

basically, i want to throw myself back into the drift deliberately and indefinitely
i have a lot of reasons and/or things to run from, and a lot of soul searching i want to do
i've thought about this a lot and am not looking for life advice
i've made up my mind and this is what i want to do now, and I don't want to start my 30s feeling trapped in a capitalist box

ideally i'd love a travel companion !
I'm pretty easygoing, the only destination i have in mind is a changing one, i'm an experienced shoplifter, and i'm trying to avoid drugs

anyway, i figured i'd hang out here, get to know you all, and learn as much as i can while i spend the next month or so planning my escape :3

trashswag86

Reaction score
hello !

i found this forum while doing research about freight hopping and travel gear and have been lurking for a few hours
y'all seem super friendly and helpful and comfy

guess i'll say a little about myself ~
i turn 30 this year
i'm a trans girl, have been out for the past 5 years, she/they please
i like to draw and write on stuff and longboard ~
i spent 6 months or so of my early 20s circumstantially drifting and have a good head for urban survival
i'm currently in Orlando, Florida

basically, i want to throw myself back into the drift deliberately and indefinitely
i have a lot of reasons and/or things to run from, and a lot of soul searching i want to do
i've thought about this a lot and am not looking for life advice
i've made up my mind and this is what i want to do now, and I don't want to start my 30s feeling trapped in a capitalist box

ideally i'd love a travel companion !
I'm pretty easygoing, the only destination i have in mind is a changing one, i'm an experienced shoplifter, and i'm trying to avoid drugs

anyway, i figured i'd hang out here, get to know you all, and learn as much as i can while i spend the next month or so planning my escape :3

I've been off and on this site (I think this is my 3rd account? Bad about losing email) since 2008. Never met anyone from this site, and I think it only just occurred to me yesterday that I've never put myself out there that much on here. For one, my accounts never lasted long, due to expiring emails or forgotten email passwords. But even when I did have those accounts, I didn't contribute enough.
All my threads and posts show up on my profile. I'd never thought of that before and how it benefits myself and others in seeing if there's any possible interest in private messaging or meeting up.

Here's sone things I can't imagine not strongly recommending to anyone starting out on freight, if that's true for you:
Sabre pepper gel.
Ponchos from military surplus.
Merino wool socks. 2-3 pairs.

This site is a great resource if you use the search function.
Best of luck with your travels

Edit: actually I did meet Ironweed, super briefly, but not through the site.

• Useful
Reactions: Juan Derlust
D

Deleted member 28239

Hi :) I'm a rubber tramp and currently hanging around southern Arizona and keeping an eye on the Coronavirus thing. I'm a (kinda GNC) cis female who also likes drawing and writing. Feel free to send me a message if you wanna talk. I was planning on getting more into activism while still travelling when this whole thing settles down a bit.

Tbh I'm not sure how much longer my car is gonna last but I've been wanting to try going on foot for awhile, so my bag is packed for when my car fails.

• Best of Luck!
Reactions: Juan Derlust

tesoroamargo

Reaction score
hey :) i’m henry/hen, and i am also green as fuck. i’ve traveled before but never ridden freight until my first ride a couple weeks ago. i am in nyc but tryna catch south so maybe we could meet up and hang?

more about me: i am an nb person but there isn’t really words that i feel actually describe me so i just say non binary n use they/them. i am about to be 24. i am a pretty grounded person and i am totally sober so it might be nice to share sober times. i got the itch real bad and nowhere to really be besides not here. haha.
anyway, hit me up if u like!

Last edited:

MFB

Reaction score

MFB

Reaction score
@tesoroamargo Smurfs was great, but I was more of a Thundercats guy myself.
Ever do anything more Cheetara inspired?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads