Hello from WA...

Raven

Reaction score
*Hello all. I found this site in a google search couple weeks ago (couldn't believe I haven't heard of this place before), been lurking, and thought I'd give an intro.*my name is Marshall, I'm 19 (gonna turn 20 on the 26th), and I live in the*Monroe/Sultan area of WA (two little towns out in the sticks, northeast of Seattle). I don't currently have a job, and I'm out of school, but trying to finish my high school diploma.

For the past few years, I've been wanting to start traveling. my parents have been trying to sell the house off and on for about the past 5 years (its thier dream to live in Idaho) and, as far as I know, are now planning on making the move without me (not that i want to go). I never feel at home when I'm "at home". I've been interested in hitchhiking and just travelling around the western half of WA right now (then maybe down to Cali or Texas... And eventually Europe), cause I don't really have anywhere else to stay when my parents leave, and it just seems way more interesting. It didn't help when last year I read a memorial in the paper for an old guy who did trainhopping most of his life. I've only told one of my sisters, who thinks I'm insane for wanting to leave, but I really want to get out there and be FREE. No school or rules.

Anyways... My likes and dislikes... Well, I like almost all music ('cept for rap, R&B, etc). Favorite bands are Avenged Sevenfold, Creed/Alter Bridge, Matchbook Romance, and The Classic Crime... to name a few. As for my hobbies... I play guitar and other various string instruments, piano, and a few "exotic" instruments. I also like to make Hemp jewelry, and might start selling stuff through my friends business called "Hempire" (Its pretty much underground right now, only the name rights itself and some magazine are really keeping it alive) if I don't leave anytime soon.

Anyways... Im glad I found this place. Any advice for someone new to this?

simpletoremember

Reaction score
Second star to the right and straight on till morn
Website
myspace.com
oh dude!

you like creed and avenge sevenfold?!?

i know just the place you should kick it.

it's this little park on 4th and pine by the mall in seattle.

trust me, you'll love it.

don't go knocking on creed yo'

christianarchy

Reaction score
oh dude!

you like creed and avenge sevenfold?!?

i know just the place you should kick it.

it's this little park on 4th and pine by the mall in seattle.

trust me, you'll love it.

haha

welcome, raven.
sorry to hear your out in monroe.
my guess is not many people here on StP share your music tastes (probly) but they'll get past that difference (probly).
do you come to seattle much? there are some cool things going on there other than sitting on the stage..

Pickles

Reaction score
Heel, Benji. I don't exactly share your music tastes, Raven, but fuck! To each his own, yeah? If everyone liked the same music, no one would like it cause everyone else would, and they'd hear the same shit all the fuckin time! Shit, that's how new music got created. If everyone liked hymns and shurch tunes BEN, I don't think your much loved happy hardcore would be around today ;) I'm Alyssa, I'm currently in Portland, headin down to Roseville/Auburn, California tomorrow. Spent a bit of time up in Seattle/Everett/Bremerton, but didn't make it out to Monroe. Well anyway, welcome to STP, hope ya find what you're lookin for here, and we'll see you on the road! Feel free to contact me if you make it out to the California area in the next few weeks, I'd be happy to meet up =)

As for advice, make sure to use the search function before posting a new thread if you don't want to be eaten alive by the mods, try to read the stickies in each forum, and check out the links in Widerstand's signature for some useful info. Have fun and good luck!

severegout

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.ethernet.org
and this is why i've started to distance myself from this site... because of assholes who knock on peoples music tastes and basically, tell them to go hangout with oogles at 4th and pine. bullshit...

Poking Victim

Reaction score
One time I found $34 on the floor of the Jack in the Box in Monroe.

Maybe he SHOULD go to the stage. Meet some people to show him somewhere to sleep and where the drop-in center is. You have to start somewhere.

threehalfgallons

Reaction score
as i remember it, the stage was a perfect place to start around the seattle area. being there allowed me to really understand that i didnt want to hang out with many of them or go to the centers they went to. with that knowledge i was able to venture to better drop-in centers in the area and other drama-free spots.

**i have nothing specifically against those that hang/hung out at the stage, just more of a loner when traveling and not the kind of crowd i like to spend time with when passing through**

Sugarmoon

Reaction score
Heyyy our differnt tastes in musica sets us all apart,, and keeps us as indivudualists ... Heyyy ax7 there not that bad of a band,, i enjoy there music...WELL i thinkk its great that you have differnt tastes doesnt bother me,, anyone who dislikes rap is a friend of mine.. :) ANyways yes if your parents are thinking of movin without you,, you should use that as your oppurnity to leave and do your own thing.. Glad your from WA.. its a wonderful place,, you should def get yourself readyyy for travel dont let anything or anyone hold you back you'll be surprised at what you can do on your own.. i leave in utah so im pretty close to ya,, if you need a road dogg im downn ... plus i havent been to WA in ages and i have alot of friends who live there maybeee we'll walk into one another sometime... :)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads