Hello from Ohio

roadohio

Reaction score
Hey, new to StP as of yesterday. was browsing and reading a lot of stuff and i think i'm in love.
I'm just a city bum in Cincinnati, been looking to try and hop out of here for a little while, and thought here would be a good place to hang out and what not!

well, not too good with intro's, so here i am!

614 crust

Ex-Moderator / Elitist asshole
Reaction score
Website
feralkidscreations.com
well welcome to the site. Please read the rules and search before posting any new threads. If you haven't done it yet fill out your profile. Then start posting some shit. Enjoy

roadohio

Reaction score
Yeah man, thanks. Sounds good and all that, really appreciate the site.

roadohio

Reaction score
alright, will do!

lykantropp

Reaction score
watch out for 614 he eats babys!! and he will get you wasted and you will wake up in a bath tub w/o your kidneys.... that was some sick shit man...

roadohio

Reaction score
Gypsy - I mean, it's alright here. It has pretty much any climate, other than tropical type shit. The only thing i would recommend is to be prepared for mindfuck weather as is usually the case here.

Gypsy Smile

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Ive been once before,It was crazy different. I'm used to these Hellacious Humid Mountains!
There its FLAT, COLD, and DRY.
haha.Shocking much? Im actually going to be headed that way sometime next month.
Helllll Yeaaaaah.
:)

Reactions: Nailz

BlewJ

Permanent traveler in a transitory world.
Reaction score
Hello from Georgia! I wish to hike to ohio soon. Any Pointers?
DAMN i love it there. its amazing!

Hey there, Georgia. I live in Ohio, too. Columbus. The fall and spring here are beautiful! The winters are mild (compared to Iowa, my home state - besides denial). I always recommend hiking to hitching or jumping a freight. Southern and southeastern OH are in the foothills of the Appalachians, and with fall being here are even now alight temporal splendor, all the more resplendent for being present so briefly. It's a good time to come, but the temperature is dropping. We went from low 60s F to high 40s F in the last two weeks at night. Bring some long johns and a hat. Waterproof your bag because it rains intermittently. It will be well worth your journey, though, especially if you like to stop and watch the little frogs "Yipe!" Annie Dillard style. Some of it is bear country, too, so don't cook where you sleep, and don't keep any good smellums in your site, even toothpaste! Other than that, I would say be prepared for some steep hills, a grand walk, and to have your heart moved at sights you've ne'er even dreamed of (and this is from a child of the Great Plains).

Now once you get to about middle Ohio, if you come that far north, you'll see evidence of the last glacier that went through here. The hills give way to flat, but I still find it particularly handsome, though I might be biased. No, I AM biased. Be that as it may, that's my answer to the question you asked someone else. :D

Reaction score
also, if you come to ohio gypsysmile come up to north east ohio. its pretty cold and youll be in the snowbelt if you travel in the winter but the sights are so worth it. clevelands alright but if you head out to the metroparks or some shit like that and do hiking you can climb ledges that are pretty awesome

crustpunk82

Reaction score
hey, welcome to the site. have fun, and hope you get all the info you could possibly ever need.

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm teaching in Memphis now and will be driving back to Ohio May 26. (My family's near Middletown.) From there, I plan to take a bus to NYC and fly to France via Iceland. I land back in NYC May 28 after all the buses and Amtracks have left for the night. If you find yourself heading back that way around that time, I would sincerely appreciate a ride. I could chip in on gas and driving.

Thanks,
Elizabeth

Reactions: Nailz

james22

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm teaching in Memphis now and will be driving back to Ohio May 26. (My family's near Middletown.) From there, I plan to take a bus to NYC and fly to France via Iceland. I land back in NYC May 28 after all the buses and Amtracks have left for the night. If you find yourself heading back that way around that time, I would sincerely appreciate a ride. I could chip in on gas and driving.

Thanks,
Elizabeth
i dont think you'll have much luck, this thread is 8 years old

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
You might need a time machine... the original post and thread are from 2010.

This is thread necromancy at it's finest... ;)

Looking for a ride try the ride board.

https://squattheplanet.com/ride-board/

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads