Hello From Northern California

Troubie

Reaction score
Hi all, my name is Troubie and I'm a former west coast car camper. Currently I'm stuck in Sacramento on my way to a college degree. Hoping to gain some wisdom from everybody here and learn about different places and ways to travel before heading back out there. I pretty much stuck to Cali, Oregon, and Nevada, but as much as I love the west, my goal is to see and experience as much of the US as possible. Looking forward to everyone's stories and advice.

Troubie

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Troubie. Im in the greater Sacramento area as well.

How's the heat treating you?
Well I can't say I enjoy how hot it gets here. I swear it's gotten hotter just in the last couple years too. I spent some time in Santa Cruz a few years ago - they get the most perfect weather imo.

Ironically the coldest winter I ever spent was in Vegas. It actually snowed and it was literally just biting bitter ass cold. Like the air hurt my skin. Who knew? Thank god for the weeklys down there.

I love most parts of NorCal, but while downtown Sac is becoming a little more modern, the rest if it is suburban hell. Not really my cup of tea!

Hudson

Reaction score
Yeah I've lived in this area most of my life other than time I've traveled and my military service. Sacramento is by the the worse capital of all the state capitals I've seen.

Grew up in the foothills in the Tahoe side, I guess I got very, very, very lucky with that. Was 100-109 in the sun yesterday in Folsom. So yeah, global warming is a thing.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads