hella anxiety meds | Page 4 | Squat the Planet

hella anxiety meds

Peagreen

Reaction score
Exercise, meditation, and food. + to the no substance, whether allnatural or prescription, generally supplements are all placebo, and meds don't address the problem they just cover it up. I've tried both and the meds do work, for a time - so long as you keep upping the dose, eventually you'll hit a plateau and will be taking 150+ millis of an SSRI and poisoning the shit out of yourself and you will come to a crossroads like I did, which will give you two choices 1) keep upping into oblivion, or 2) realize that meds do a good job a temporarily making you happier, without actually fixing anything longterm. Sorry. Perseverance, and patience. :)

Reactions: pir8 qu33n

cport420

Reaction score
Every single person in this thread either needs to buy or jack some fish oil capsules. I've had panic disorder for a decade. Even been house bound and couldn't drive for months at a time. Took benzos for a few years and was up to 5-7 Mgs a day of Xanax. When I came off of it over the course of a few months that was the closest I been to hell and I've quit IV dope a few times. I've taken Prozac, Lexapro , and now celexa. Diet is a big ass factor. Meditate, diet, only drugs is weed, daily excercise, CBT, and sleep is one way to stomp it out. Green tea or water. Fresh veggies and fruit. Real meats no fast food. No fake sugar. Raw honey instead. No stimulants at all. Spend as much time outdoors. No fake sugars at all. Use kava, valerian , wild lettuce, catnip, weed, aromatherapy, to help. Also learn progressive muscle relaxation and medatIon and do them several times a day.

B

beat_tramp

i have been sort of in panic mode lately and have made a kava root drink mixture a few times...it really kind of helped. the powder is what my mom happened to have ordered but you can get it in capsules and extract.
it definitely calms you down, but not to any point of feeling high or anything. also, it's an anesthetic and makes yer mouth numb heh.
i have tried basically all the drugs for anxiety/panic disorder that aren't narcotic over the years and nothing worked so far that I can tell. klonopin is the only thing that helped, and that is a.) hard to get prescribed and b.) very addictive, and the withdrawls are no fun (just like any other benzo).
having failed the whole settling down experiment I'm now about to head back out on the road and am definitely going to pick up kava capsules when I get the chance.
taking notes on all the other herbal stuff mentioned that I haven't tried to take into a health food store with me at some point.
has anyone ever tried kratom? people use it mostly for opiate withdrawls or to get high I guess. for me it created a mild euphoric feeling and definitely calmed me down, but the next day I actually had a hangover as if I'd drank hard the night before. :eek:

oh and green tea huh?? that's awesome to know!
green tea and yerba mate together (with chamomile and spearmint) = :D
i love making tea concoctions...cocktails...

For me Kratom has been the I-cant-believe-this-actually-exists wonder-herb.It has become my drug of choice.Ive had heavy drug/alcohol habits but am a good quitter.ANd after detoxing or just taking my tolerance down - Kratom is all I ever need.This has a lot to do with having been-there-done-that too many times with the horrors of addiction....I too tend to self-medicate an anxiety disorder...The solution is to get to the root of the problem holisticly but if your just not willing to try that route yet then Kratom has no toxicity(it wont kill you or screw up your mind and body) - the withdrawal is tolerable,etc. The main problem is it is expensive.In Pheonix,AZ and Flagstaff,AZ they have these really great stores called something along the li8nes of "Happy Herbs" or "Happy,healthy,horny,high Herbs" or something (I still haven't figured the actual name).I was able to maintain a solid Kratom habit - staying off of street drugs/avoiding alcohol - for a month banging a handrum (busking). They also have abunch of other street-drug alternatives at those stores.(I now am dealing with life on the holistic approach - haven't had Kratom in acouple weeks.But Im glad theres something to relapse on that's not gonna utterly destroy me like dope and booze always does.)

cport420

Reaction score
Just to put this out there. Kratom is a wonder herb. But one that has the power of addiction. It'll only be around for so much longer but it tis a very cool herb. Withdrawls can be pretty intense from what I remember reading on the net. Phenibut is another herb that can and is used from over the counter herbalist. The Phenibut acts more on the GABA levels sorta like a benzo would act. Its also been called a wonder drug by people with anxiety or panic disorder. And just like the Kratom withdrawl symptoms are included.

Being someone that was on benzo's for a while and up to about 3-5 stix a day the GABA withdrawls that are from benzo's is the worse hell I've been through. Two years ago I quit iv opiates and it wasn't shit compared to those GABA type withdrawls.

Learning to cope with the attacks and the anxiety itself is the answer. I know that sounds stupid as fuck but it really is it. Anything you use as a crutch will after a while come back to bite you in the ass. Thats the one thing that I have learned over the years with dealing with this. And being on a benzo or simlarly destructive compound isn't realistic in some sense. And coming off of stuff sucks so bad. And very intense anxiety and panic attacks are withdrawl symptoms for damn near about everything.

Reactions: Naomi Leigh

3rdEyeVision

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
So, I am a guy who aims for sustainable, independent living as far as I can manage it, and as a result I have been highly resistant to commercial, non-herbal anxiety / depression treatments for as long as shit's been going on in my noggin. But there is a certain level of demented, shaking sleepless nailbiting that st. john's wort does not address and I am at the point of at least hearing folks out on their experiences with psych meds, albeit not ready to dive in headfirst yet without more research.

Good, bad, and ugly. Or more herbal suggestions. All advice welcome. I have primarily used st. john's wort and skullcap but while they do a nice job of soothing more minor spells, what I need during worse episodes is more of a "bludgeoner" than a "soother."

P.s. No heroin jokes tonight

There are some on here that have recommended 5-htp. Don't use it. It needs more research and I can speak from personal experience of using pure natural 5-htp from the health food store I used to work at and it gave me stomach pains because most of the serotonin in your body lives in your gut and taking it totally disrupts the natural amount you have. Honestly man there is no herb or synthetic that will cure your anxiety. I have it from time to time, and I just let it rage through me and then flow out and it's over. Meditation is something that helps and I'm sure some others have stated this on here because you resist nothing and embrace everything. The psychedelic state doesn't let you have the choice of resistance or acceptance, it throws you into everything you are afraid of and makes you deal with it on a whole different level. So I would say meditation or psilocybin mushrooms. And I say this because I used to have high anxiety, OCD coupled with germophobia and it all disintegrated when I was blasted away in a psilocybin journey because it made me realize in an infinite universe these things are stopping me from achieving everything I can possibly achieve, that being true happiness and infinite love. Fear is a great thing because it teaches you fear is the only thing you really have to fear. We really only experience two emotions in life in my opinion and that's love and fear. Everything negative and hateful stems from fear. When you blast through it, you realize there is nothing to be afraid of and have anxiety over. You become a warrior and realize nothing can fucking hurt you. I'm not perfect and get overwhelmed sometimes but I just remember these lessons and it just melts away man. Take my advice strongly my friend, I assure you these two things are great tools.

Reactions: Naomi Leigh
D

Deleted member 2626

what a great thread to bump. Man, others have dealt with this shit. Good to read. CBD and THC 1:1 is helping me i believe. First try last night, of proper dosage with valerian and lemon balm. slept great.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads