Hearing protection for dogs on trains? | Squat the Planet

Hearing protection for dogs on trains?

KootenayRambler

Reaction score
I'd like to take my dog hopping, but im worried the noise of cars clanking around would be detrimental to his hearing. Dogs obviously have hearing much more acute than our own, and even I still wear earplugs sometimes, so im wondering whether or not the noise would be a problem. Advice?

Reactions: mightyb

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
I talked to a guy on another site about this (his dog hops with him all the time) and he agrees this could be a good thing as it is loud, but that he really wants his dog to be aware of situations/people and other things to be alert too. It really is an interesting question though. So no, he does not guard his dog's ears.

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
I worried if I had a dog about his feet walking on all that balast and other crap. I always thought if I had a dog I would make a set of shoes for him out of recycled bicycle treads and thick canvas to protect his paws. Or just splurge and buy him some of those ruff wear ones think they sell em at rei for about $70

Rob Nothing

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Someone last spring gave me one of their pups. He was 5 months by then so was suuper sketched out to try my luck with him at a yard.
I too worried about his widdle puppy senses and decided to stuff my only spare pare of socks in his ears. Needless to say his ears are still there. But his pride maybe suffered a little.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads