greyhound

Tadaa

Reaction score
i am to sick to hitchhike at the moment and i wanne be with my friends in northern bc so i decided to take a greyhound.
and this is what i found out:

if i booked Whistler, bc to Smithers, bc as one trip i had to pay 210 dollars
but if i booked all trips seperate (had to switch busses twice) it would have been 40 dollars cheaper

so if somebody takes a greyhound,.. check the route and it might be cheaper to book all tckets seperate..

take care
cant wait to just hitch again actually..

D

Deleted member 125

dirty dog prices always seem pretty fucking random to me. one day itll be upwards of 200 to get somewhere then the next day it will mysteriously be 75 dollars for the same trip. it would make sense to get more expensive as time went on but from what i can tell the people who work ticket booth at greyhound just make up prices on the spot sometimes. ive been quoted 2 different numbers in less then 5 minutes. trying to catch a bus out of nola right after new years last year was cheaper then way earlier in that year when i booked a ticket from south florida to georgia months prior to meet a friend. haggle with greyhound employees, it works. i also find it EXTREMLY unpleasent having to change busses, the drivers never know what the fuck they are talking about in regards to what bus to get on and the ticket people are even more clueless. imo the security guards and bag handlers know better about getting you on the right bus when it comes time to get on a new one. they might not neccessarily get your bag on the same bus though...

drunken marauder

Reaction score
So umm I have run into different prices if you book online. Its a different price if someone buys the ticket for you. And still yet its a different prices if there is a week end anywhere in the trip. Its much cheaper to fly than take greyhound. Amtrak is only about 50 bucks more at most wont get you there much faster but definitly a better ride.. The only thing you can count on greyhound for is to fuck you over agian and agian.

Reactions: Mankini

castler

Reaction score
Check out Hoosier Ride - they offer charter services just like Greyhound and cost by the mileage.

It was $15 to travel 53 miles, an hour and 40min. Even to travel from Indianapolis, IN to Evansville, IN it would only cost $78. You can't beat the price. I did a search outside of Indiana, and they service Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan.

Also check out MegaBus - they have flat rate traveling to any state in the MidWestern territories for only $15.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads