Greenhorn wants to go on a train journey... | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Greenhorn wants to go on a train journey...

Luckydog752

Reaction score
1. Not from Russia, St. Petersburg Florida... Not sure how to change that on here?
2.. I do have a regular normal life I guess since I have a roof over my head & a family, & the rest of the yuppie stuff as you say including a job that allows me to have adventures in my life that are beyond normal. I have done some pretty damn amazing things in the last few years that I bet not many yuppies have done. More on that later if interested? I haven't had to beg borrow or steal anything, either, I earn everything I make the old fashioned way. Call me what you want & write what you wish, but you all were newbies at one time & posed the same risks as any new person here.

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
if you didnt grow up watching the rails or knowing train lines or anything about trains........good luck from my perspective and many people i meet on the rails grew up train fans if you know nothing like shit catch a bus you'll die and yes it would be like someone holding your hand its fucking extra sorry if i killed your spirit but its the harsh truth if you cant tell the difference between CSX BNSF NS CP KCS CN or UP. coal drags hotshots grainers manifests.... your a lost boy

You SAY you're not elitist, but that is honestly one of the MOST elitist things I've read in a long time.

You're an elitist.

Reactions: EphemeralStick

Johny

Reaction score
I figured you were from Florida, I lived in bradenton for 7 years just south of you I wasn't making fun of you kinda more making fun of everyone else making fun of you lol.
Nothing wrong with earning a living, it's your life live it how you choose , kinda think that's the point anyway.
Just stay safe and pay attention to the situations you choose to be in and you should be fine.
Not everyone is assholes

Johny

Reaction score
Its been awhile since I read the OP, do you have a destination in mind?
In my humble opinion Florida sucks for hitching hopping anything.
At least you didn't grow up on the mean streets of siesta key lol (inside joke)

A

A New Name

I deleted it cuz I knew I was ranting but same like I said it kills me it shouldn't like the other guy said no reason getting mad about shit I can't change and no it doesn't make you a poser but there is a difference when you live in your car or having it parked at your parents mansion while you run around acting like you gotta do this I wish I had a house I wish I had a car I wish a lot but fuck it I love trains so I'm blessed
I don't think that a realised traveller would "wish" he had a house or a car. A van maybe, yea.
Maybe you're bitter over not having these hence the sourness against someone willingly leaving these behind. I'm not trying to diss you for this; it's just that you may want to look into it.

OmFish

Reaction score
I figured you were from Florida, I lived in bradenton for 7 years just south of you I wasn't making fun of you kinda more making fun of everyone else making fun of you lol.
Nothing wrong with earning a living, it's your life live it how you choose , kinda think that's the point anyway.
Just stay safe and pay attention to the situations you choose to be in and you should be fine.
Not everyone is assholes
Hey, I don't have experience hopping trains but I lived in FL for a bit and had friends who caught outta Tallahassee all the time, fairly low security far as I could tell when I hung out there... may be worth checking out. I'm in NY lookin to catch out and was thinking of hitchhiking my way down south to meet up with friends and catch out with em. Don't know where u r now but if u hang around railyards in tally ur bound to meet some kids who know what they're doing. They're usually pretty chill and down to give u any info u may find of use.

Safe travels man

Reactions: Johny

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Fuck man, Florida?! That's a heck of a lot worse than Russia. GTFO!!!

Reactions: Johny and OmFish

Johny

Reaction score
Hey, I don't have experience hopping trains but I lived in FL for a bit and had friends who caught outta Tallahassee all the time, fairly low security far as I could tell when I hung out there... may be worth checking out. I'm in NY lookin to catch out and was thinking of hitchhiking my way down south to meet up with friends and catch out with em. Don't know where u r now but if u hang around railyards in tally ur bound to meet some kids who know what they're doing. They're usually pretty chill and down to give u any info u may find of use.

Safe travels man
I'm actually in Tennessee homeless now trying to get to Montana before winter hits if you were referring to me lol

Luckydog752

Reaction score
I will be returning to Florida after I complete my trip if it ever happens. I have been over to Tampa a few times to watch the rails & have learned a little more each time. Not sure how far their cameras reach but I can run pretty fast so if it comes to that then they will have a hard time keeping up! I guess the only way to learn is to keep researching in other places & other sites to get as much true info as possible. Thanks to most of you for being cool... but I know for sure that just because some of you may know everything in the world about trains, yards, hopping, manifests & everything else...doesn't mean that you started out that way... Gotta walk before you can run..

OmFish

Reaction score
I will be returning to Florida after I complete my trip if it ever happens. I have been over to Tampa a few times to watch the rails & have learned a little more each time. Not sure how far their cameras reach but I can run pretty fast so if it comes to that then they will have a hard time keeping up! I guess the only way to learn is to keep researching in other places & other sites to get as much true info as possible. Thanks to most of you for being cool... but I know for sure that just because some of you may know everything in the world about trains, yards, hopping, manifests & everything else...doesn't mean that you started out that way... Gotta walk before you can run..
Safe travels man... get outta Florida before it sucks u on forever.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads