Gotta give up the road, for now. | Squat the Planet

Gotta give up the road, for now.

nivoldoog

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Hello, My name is Thomas, Sonic Boom! I have been traveling mostly on but also off for 10 years now. I primally have stuck to the west coast and finally done all of it, most of it quite a few times. I am a liar. Sure I have done every state on that side but I haven't done all the state. It saddens me that I must now give up the road but it is what it is. Time to finally fight for a VA claim, get that money and start dealing with PTSD shit.

Thank you Squat the Planet. You helped me alot when I first started. I love you Matt and also Fuck you! That will likely get me another suspension and post deleted but not my problem. Also thank you Matt for still running this site and thank you to the people who donate to keep it up.

P.S.
I am gonna be stuck in Texas for a long time so hit me up if you come thru. Maybe we can travel in the area. But hopefully I am gonna get into "society" again and maybe I can hook up some food, socks or other needed things for you guys. Come correct or I WILL correct you. Sonic #boomout

nivoldoog

Banned
Reaction score
Best of luck and right on pursuing your claim; share your trials/triumphs here if you feel like - I'm sure it'll be appreciated. I'm a vet also - however, from before 9/11 ('84-'88).
Peace be with you.
Just getting done volunteering doing some work on a Vietnam Veterans house. Apparently back in those days the DD 214s were different so he has 2 of them and the one only shows his AIT. So they only have him recorded as 3 months in service. So this man got and is still getting fucked hard. Ironically my being a street bum may get me paid easier then other soldiers.

• Epic
Reactions: Juan Derlust

nivoldoog

Banned
Reaction score
Unfortunately "gaming" the system is the norm. Those that "deserve" it and need it can't get it while those that have.... won the game... are getting bank. I have too many people that spent their entire military career setting up their claim. My buddy got 100% because he cut his own toe off! Now they dont know what I know but WTF! I dont want any piece of paper that says I'm disabled. But I'm tired of trying to deal with this crap alone. PAY me!

• Agree

Fuzzypeach

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
It's worth fighting for. I got 100% for MS. Changed my life. Starving for years because it took so long to get a fucking diagnosis. Holding a job was difficult. Once I got the diagnosis, I got SSD. Not enough to live on. I finally got the VA at 100% which is golden ticket. You get everything with that. Not only the money but the benefits. Recently they added base privileges to 100% disabled on top of the total medical coverage to include vision and dental. I retained a lawyer to do it. Yes, they get a chunk, but they will make sure you get it.

• Useful

nivoldoog

Banned
Reaction score
deadass made my day bro, congrats

we´re still gonna visit in Texas tho, right? you gotta wait for me, just messin

For show! Would rather meet up with you guys then this dude that's been texting me begging to travel with me. Some random guy from a rideshare craigslist ad.

Hudson

Reaction score
How long did it take? Im an Iraq veteran who is just now having Musculoskeletal problems show up in my life.

The ptsd and nightmares have always been there and they've been treating me off and on. I just never followed through with the vet center people. I hate digging up the past.

• Agree

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Dude - please stay in touch. :) And feel better please! <3

• Agree

Older Than Dirt

Banned
Reaction score
My dad died at 79 in 2010 still waking up screaming with nightmares watching most of his friends get shot down in the Korean War (cease-fire was 1953), so i don't think PTSD from combat goes away too fast.

Best of luck getting the benefits you earned.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads