good boots

sevedemanos

Reaction score
its really hard to find a sturdy pair of boots for this lifestyle. the ballast and all the rugged terrain you have to march through just chews everything up. pants and jackets are easy enough to patch up but not so much your shoes.

last pair i had lasted a whole year (unprecedented) but a lot of that time was spent working. after the summer travels the dogs were finally kilt

E21291EA-2CBD-4081-96C2-C51C97EA7D27.jpeg
23593912-8B4F-4CC9-B860-624B552CC8A5.jpeg

theydve lasted longer if i hadnt gone with the deer leathers. went back to gritstones. hopefully the soles dont start falling off the bottom after roughly 6mos this time.

will be my 5th pair of danners, bc theyre just so damn comfortable.

1663014519597.jpeg

Reactions: marymemarryme

bootz

Reaction score
I second this got a pair of 2nd hand Danner Acadias on ebay and they're such a sturdy boot. Got them resoled and widened but good as new and a fraction of what they cost new.

Reactions: ScumRag

numberonenumberreader

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
This might be irrelevant but after thanksgiving they always have like Black Friday sales at feed stores and work wear stores. Can get real good deals on good boots and jackets etc. save that holiday money up for the month and drop 50-300 on some good shit.

Most of those boots are decent enough and the tread lasts me until summer when I swap to sandals anywho.

Reactions: Tony G

Tony G

Reaction score
This might be irrelevant but after thanksgiving they always have like Black Friday sales at feed stores and work wear stores. Can get real good deals on good boots and jackets etc. save that holiday money up for the month and drop 50-300 on some good shit.

Most of those boots are decent enough and the tread lasts me until summer when I swap to sandals anywho.

Not a bad idea but the closest feed store to me is on the other side of the state ain't alot of farming going on this side of the mountains it's too dry

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads