good all-around shoes?

BlewJ

Permanent traveler in a transitory world.
Reaction score
Adidas fit like a glove for me as skate shoes, and Timber make some nice hiking boots. I just got some waterproof winter hiking boots by a company called Sorel at Rag-a-Rama here in Columbus for around $7. Kinda heavy but warm!

spoon

The coolest person you never met.
Reaction score
I used to swear by AirWalks but I think they lost quality in the last few years.
Anything that is a natural material, especially leather, will usually hold up better.
although I prefer shoes I think boots are the way to go in general. It takes longer to break them in, I wouldn't walk miles and miles in a brand new pair of boots. I say that because I've done it and it sucks. But as far as ankle support, durability and traction go a good pair of boots can't be beat. Especially a military style boot. There is a reason the militaries of the world wear boots.
What ever method you use to acquire footwear, get something good. I've learned over the years that good footwear can be one of your most important pieces of gear. If your feet get fucked up from some shitty shoes, you aren't going to get very far.
And like someone else said, use baby powder or foot powder. Even if you don't think you need it.

Kalalau

Reaction score
Danners are always a good bet.... but not as good as 5.11 tactical boots... Ridiculously comfortorable, lightweight and durable... I'm gonna castrate the bastard that stole my pair.

Reactions: Psi em

ayron

Reaction score
i have these leather skate shoes (you cant skate in em really without ripping up the leather) BUT there water proof, warmish and lightweight, not to mention they look fuckin dope too. i think there aldo shoes i snaged at a winners for a dece price. good shoes if you ever find em.

spoon

The coolest person you never met.
Reaction score
Danners are always a good bet.... but not as good as 5.11 tactical boots... Ridiculously comfortorable, lightweight and durable... I'm gonna castrate the bastard that stole my pair.

Yeah, both brands are really good. Oakley makes a good boot too. I've had Dans and Oakleys and I've known people that had 5.11s. The oakleys were really comfortable and I had no trouble running in them. All these brands can be pretty pricey though. $100+ at most places. But, if you can afford them or find a way to get them they are worth it.

Reaction score
try some puma or roos. can get expensive but ive had a pair for about 3 years and theyve only torn a bit. my roos were awesome but i got rid of those. plus they ahve little pockts on the side

Gypsy Smile

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Walmart is a an Evil corporation and It needs to burn in hell.
As for running Shoes? I used to run with ACER shoes when I was on a Runner's Kick. Lasted me QUITE a qhile too. Hell, I still have'm. I used to always use my Reeboks But once I got a pair of ACER's I never went back. Puma's are nice too IF you ahve the money and the width of your foot is small or average. But whatever is Comfortable to you. But I choose ACER all the way pal.

seasonchange

Reaction score
I just bought some of the Blackspot hi-tops
Expensive..but they seem real durable. Vegan, union made, no sweatshop labor, recycled materials. Plus yuppie left-wing street cred.
But really, I'm happy so far. I had the money and better spend it than save cash on sweatshop products, in my opinion.
back when i had a job and money to blow i bought the blackspot boots. pretty good investment, i must say. the car tire soles are gonna last longer than the shoes themselves, i bet, and they've held together for over a year now.

Reactions: Psi em

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads