2016 Jamboree - Giving back to the Lizard Tree Library | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

2016 Jamboree Giving back to the Lizard Tree Library

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2016 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornelius Vango

Chaos Magician
Banned
Reaction score
We actually really don't need more books at this time. We have tons that we're storing and it's starting to get pretty ridiculous. If you have one or two really good books or a zine collection, that's always cool but we don't want huge boxes of paperback novels anymore, they just get destroyed in storage.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
We actually really don't need more books at this time. We have tons that we're storing and it's starting to get pretty ridiculous. If you have one or two really good books or a zine collection, that's always cool but we don't want huge boxes of paperback novels anymore, they just get destroyed in storage.

are there other items besides books people can bring?

Reaction score
*on the ant situation and storage... I don't know if anyone else has these, but because of hiking the PCT in 2014, I have a bear canister that I store my food in. Maybe if anyone has one/ a spare/ etc. they could be sure to store their food in it if possible? I know it's not the most common item... I take the stupid thing even when not required because I am not a fan of ants, mouse holes in my tent, etc. It adds a bit of weight to my pack but for me it's worth it. Especially carrying dog food and stuff too which stinks to high heaven...

Reactions: Cornelius Vango

Cornelius Vango

Chaos Magician
Banned
Reaction score
We always need screws, spray paint (or any kind of paint), beer, water, gasoline, matches, lighters, toilet paper, me personally-- I could really use some black india ink for stick and poke tats.

Meow Meow

Reaction score
27901-27907 Skyline Dr, Corona, CA 92882, USA
Hey, it's January 1st, 2017 and I'm opening this up again.

Any updates on what is needed/ what needs to get done for the library?

It's the off-season for me and I'm relatively local (couple hours north). I've got an empty van and I'm looking to come down to the slabs every so often for "work" weekends.

Are you guys looking for more shelving to expand/hold all those extra books you've got in storage?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i would wait for confirmation from @Cornelius Vango, but i believe what we need more than anything else is screws and similar hardware to hold things together. also, i think shade cloth is needed as well.

Reactions: Cornelius Vango

Meow Meow

Reaction score
27901-27907 Skyline Dr, Corona, CA 92882, USA
i would wait for confirmation from @Cornelius Vango, but i believe what we need more than anything else is screws and similar hardware to hold things together. also, i think shade cloth is needed as well.
Thanks, I'll hold off and wait for her confirmation, but i think that should be manageable, especially the screws and such.

I'm basically somewhat local (2.5 hours away) and I'm looking to go to the slabs about once a month or so. I have a van so I can pick up people/supplies/free couches/mattresses/wood/lumber etc so let me know how I can be of service (I have a soft spot for the slabs and the library). I'll try and announce on STP before I make any trips.

In the meantime I'll just be collecting supplies as needed, either out of pocket in some cases but mostly free curb alters on CL and such. I hate to see shit go to waste...and that's where we come in.

Reactions: VikingAdventurer

Cornelius Vango

Chaos Magician
Banned
Reaction score
Yes, good quality shadecloth is needed as well as all types of screws. We can use sheet metal, baling wire and fencing also! Thanks, you're welcome to come out anytime.

Reactions: todd
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads