Ghost Town in SA, TX?

Subsick

Reaction score
Has anyone here been up to Ghost Town in San Antonio? It's this building on Avenue B downtown (right up the street from rock bottom tattoo bar). From what I can tell it was supposed to be an apartment building or something, about 4+ stories high. There's a fence around it but it's cake to jump and is sometimes broken down, and there's a staircase that's not too treacherous that you can take to the roof. I've been up there a couple times before shows, you can see the bar and hear the bands from there and as long as you make sure no cops saw you going up (not too difficult, it's a dark street I don't think anything on that block is occupied) it's a chill place to just drink and hang out. I've seen people with folding chairs eating there? I assume there's some people living in it but it's so big I never ran into them and from what I've heard they're either nice or mind their own business.

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
I've never been there, but I'm in TX and might check it out! What kind of music they play at that bar?

Subsick

Reaction score
Local punk/rockabilly/metal for the most part. Sometimes bigger bands come through. They're on myspace and post show dates and shit. It's probably my favorite venue though. Really shitty but there's couches and three different stage/standing around areas. If you head down there, you just take a left coming out of the front door of the bar and just walk down the street, it's the 6 story concrete building on your right. There's a staircase in there somewhere. If you get friendly with any of the punks that hang out across the street they might show you.

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
sweet sounds like my kind of place. Thanks for the info yo!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads