Ghetto Ortopedic Insoles

skunkpit

Reaction score
so decided to make some arches on a pair of insoles cause my back was starting to hurt always flat footed

i put my feet straight down onto leather with all my weight, then trace out the feet, aswell ad the arch going underneath my foot into the design of the insole

then cut it out, and cut out a small arched strip of leather that fit in the concave trace mark on the sole, gradually i built up layers of it getting smaller and smaller, gluing using contact cement

it took me a few days removing and adding layers till i got a really nice fit and my back has been feeling less stressed out

ahh pictures explain well

IM003080.jpg

IM003078.jpg

IM003079.jpg

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
It's much better than what I did: I stuffed a small rag in my shoe and moved it around until it fit right.

BrokeWhiteBoy

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I usually take insoles out of new shoes in stores.
My boots have 3 pairs of insoles (2 kinda dense foam and one squishy gel pair).
Layering them up also makes the shoe fit a little tighter.
I'm all over these Columbia trail shoes I picked up really cheap. They have a really thick memory foam insole.

T

Tailz

im horribly flat footed, had to have a metal bar runnin in between wooden soles when i was a youngster. regular ol forest gump shit haha. insoles dont work for me, my back always kills me.

skunkpit

Reaction score
yee got em at valupillage
also inside of em is traced out wool insole liners that go either underneath or ontop the leather insoles
they're dress shoes so they wont last too long, want to make a pair of moccasins next for the insoles funny enough

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads