getting clean(ish) without a shower | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

getting clean(ish) without a shower

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Can't find it but Has anyone seen that clip in the show Louie (louie ck)
Where the old dude in the subway strips down and lathers up and washes while a busker is playing I think real fast on a violin?
... I wanna do that. :D

Reactions: DankyKidd

Art101

Reaction score
Antiseptic hand cleaner is awesome so is the restroom soak down.I like the hand cleaner in the crewpacks on the trains works pretty good but make sure ya get it all off or it can get itchy.

Reactions: Sexyrexy1989

Preacher

Reaction score
http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/no-rinse-body-bath/ID=prod3946585-product
No rinse body wash. It's xpensive, but if you've had a really good day flying and like to be clean like
highwayman then this might be for you. Had a bottle of this kind of stuff from when I was in the hospital. It's great. You just need a wet rag to clean with and a dry rag to take it off. Oh, and the stuff I had was body wash/shampoo and worked great as both. Just needed to lightly wet my hair first.

Not for most of us here, but thought I'd throw it out there. The more you know.....

technotrash

Reaction score
wet wipes are great to just hit your pits, feet, sexy parts, but they're really a bandaid and definitely a little heavy if you're on foot.
it might be worth it to get a membership at some national gym chain, you can shower there, they usually have wifi, gives you something to do if you are bored/need to be inside

tsoloc

Reaction score
Dr braums peppermint soap they sell at health food stores. Put couple drops on wet washcloth washcloth. The peppermint is the best one to use when you are all grimey grimey. Plus a little bottle of soap lasts a hell of a lot longer than using body wipes

A

AlwaysLost

When camping

Make fire. Boil oak tree bark in water until it turns brown. Wash body in solution.

Or in winter make really smokey fire and stand naked in smoke for as long as you can stand it.

BusGypsy

Reaction score
Dr Bronners, Baby wipes, and spray on dry shampoo. Take hippie bathes in public restrooms whenever possible. Always clean at least face (smile!) crotch and pits.

All Who Wander

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Baby wipes are essentially just baby oil aka mineral oil, same with the no rinse shower (just baby oil w a kind of foaming additive) and its dirt cheap, giant bottle for a couple bucks. Id also suggest talcum powder or gold bond also dirt cheap and will stop you from getting a rash.

RobHASboots

Reaction score
Water in short supply?
Isopropyl alcohol on a wad of cloth or TP.
Dab where the sun doesn't shine and other funky areas.*
Now you're knockin out some of that aromatic bacteria.

*probably not in that order though

BradKajukenbo

Reaction score
Me and a few people I used to ride with years ago, we would go to motels at checkout time and find the house cleaning crew. Most often they would let us shower in a room someone checked out before they would clean it. Kick them down a little tree and most of the time they would help us out.

What worked for me the most, and it was because of my age(15-19) I would go to a high school or collage during the day and find the locker rooms. I'd shower in there. Though since the 90's and all these school shootings, I wouldn't try this unless you can really blend in as a student. Maybe at a collage.

Broke Bitch

Reaction score
Does purell burn less then alcohol wipes? I tried using alcohol wipes once and those fuckers burn. The only reason I would do this is if you know infection is starting and you it's going to slow you down.
One thing I do is take a shitton of those cart sanitizer wipes from a Walmart and wipe down in the restroom. Those are always dripping wet, and don't burn my v.j.

• Haha
Reactions: Odin

Lichenthropy

Reaction score
get an orange, peel off as big of skin chunks off of it as you can, eat the orange, use the inside of the orange peels to wipe your face, neck, behind your ears, underarms, all the gnarly spots of your body that start to reek. if you build a clean fire (no trash) get a nice piece of charcoal and a chunk of wood that is half burnt; rub a dent into the half charcoal half wood piece and pour some water into it, then crush the charcoal into it until its got a paste consistency. theres some toothpaste! from time to time brush your teeth with hydrogen peroxide solution to prevent gingivitis. safe travels! and pick up your trash!

• Love It
Reactions: Odin and roughdraft

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
If you got some local portapottys somewhere... they gots that gel hand sanitizer in them sometimes.

Can get a bunch of that into an empty bottle. That an a hand towel can be nice to wipe down whatever.

It helps to know when they are serviced...

Also, keep an eye out... homebums around here like to get drunk and fall asleep in them. Ha...gotta be cray sittin in there over night in this heat.

It's like muppets around here... I'm the cookie monster and keep runnin into kermit and ernie on a bender after ms piggy and bert kicked em out!

Lichenthropy

Reaction score
oh and pee on your feet to help prevent fungus and to control foot funk!
whenever yall come across juniper trees take a bit of time to collect some sap, not a bunch off of one tree (save some for the tree!); the hard rock like ones or the fresh honey colored one are usually the only options and they both work great. melt the sap a bit with your lighter and if you can dilute it a bit with water; cover a cut or burn with this mix. this helps keeping bacteria out so you wont get anything infected. after you apply it cover it wit a piece of paper so dirt and grime doesnt get stuck. if you can harvest creosote buds, use that for cuts and burns as well but you gotta burn it and hover the wound over the smoke. that smoke is also good for a quick 'shower', it doesnt make you smell like chemicals but you will be clean.

Last edited:
Reaction score
gatorade bottle and a bar of irish spring (cause it's the best) in a locked public bathroom and you can take a really good shower. i use the toilet paper to soak up the gallon of water i get on the floor. on days that i didn't shower; some stores have free hand wipes, grab a bunch and seal them in a plastic bag. they are good to keep your feet, pits and privates clean.

Awesome idea! sometimes I don't wanna pay for a empty spray bottle or squeeze bottle.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads