getting clean(ish) without a shower (1 Viewer)

L

LiveFreeDieFree

I deleted myself
Here's a way to keep clean that I use when I start gagging on my own stench. In fact, I JUST did it.
go to a public washroom. It must be a single, private one (handicap ones are great). Stick a wad of toilet paper in the drain of the sink to plug that shit. Proceed to fill with hot (not too hot) water. Strip so your clothes dont get wet. Use the hand soap that is in the dispensor to lather up funky areas, like balls, ass, pits, etcetera. You can use a rag or something but I just use my hands. Rinse that shit by splashing handfulls of water on the soapy areas. dress and you should smell better.
This is also a good way to do sock/underwear laundry. If you do, the hand dryers are really fast at drying shit but you gotta hold it and move it around a bit.

hope this helps you.

Stay fresh peoples.

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Lifetime Supporter
Current Location
Montreal, Canada
Camp sites are great to if your near any. Some drop in centres also offer them if your young enough. Seems like the under 25s get all the good shit.

OP
L

LiveFreeDieFree

I deleted myself
Camp sites are great to if your near any. Some drop in centres also offer them if your young enough. Seems like the under 25s get all the good shit.
I try to stay away from drop in type places. They tend to have nasty bathrooms and showers, plus sketchy,ununsavory types tend to flock to them.
campsites work sometimes, but depending on the place you might have to get a key.

And ya, being a youth was nice. We got the best shelters.
Probably the best place I've found would be condo buildings. Alot of them have indoor pools and showers. Some even have sauna rooms. I used to do that almost daily back in the day in Vancouver. just find a way in (use your imagination) and you're golden. Id recommend doing it late at night cause they're empty then.

johnnymarie

Pilgrim
one time at a wyoming truck stop i was bird bathin' it up in the restroom, naked as fuck, one leg up on the sink really scrubbin my junk. apparently i didn't lock the door. some old lady walked in on me and goes "OH LORD" and shuts the door as fast as she can lol. i cleaned up the best i could and went outside to go smoke a cigarette and pull out my atlas, she comes out and hands me a fifty dollar bill and a cinnamon roll. win.

Last edited:
OP
L

LiveFreeDieFree

I deleted myself
She liked what she saw so she paid for the show lol

Ridire

Lurker
Current Location
Providence
I usually just wash off in lakes and streams when I get an opportunity. Clean enough as long as it's not a cesspit like the Taunton or the Mississippi.

highwayman

Emperor of the North Pole
Lifetime Supporter
Current Location
Mostly in New Bedford, Mass when home.
I routinely heal or prevent crotch rot from chaffing with purell. This is hard core sometimes so if you are squeemish to pain, or paranoid about chemicals & most likely from cali; dont try. Basicly as often as i can if unable to bath/shower in a pool, shower or hot tub, beach, river etc. I just get a healthy handfull of the isopropyl gel & distribute around my balls, ass, pits etc. It tends to burn but it dont bother me as much as the thought of infection etc. I will clean up via bird baths in sinks, use garden hoses at parking garages or alongside businessrs & hoses & always carry a bar of soap & wash cloth. At times in winter, outdoor stealth bathing isnt possible where as porta potties & public restrooms often have purell. :D

Last edited:

Mongo

Rambler
Current Location
Cleveland, OH
I routinely heal or prevent crotch rot from chaffing with purell. This is hard core sometimes so if you are squeemish to pain, or paranoid aboyt chemicals & most likely from cali; dont try. Basicly as often as i can if unable to bath/shower in a pool, shower or hot tub, beach, river etc. I just get a healthy handfull of the isopropyl gel & distribute around my balls, ass, pits etc. It tends to burn but it dont bother me as much as the thought of infection etc. I will clean up via bird baths in sinks, use garden hoses at parking garages or alongside businessrs & hoses & always carry a bar of soap & wash cloth. At times in winter, outdoor stealth bathing isnt possible where as porta potties & public restrooms often have purell. :D
Does purell burn less then alcohol wipes? I tried using alcohol wipes once and those fuckers burn. The only reason I would do this is if you know infection is starting and you it's going to slow you down.

Sunblossom

Lurker
one time at a wyoming truck stop i was bird bathin' it up in the restroom, naked as fuck, one leg up on the sink really scrubbin my junk. apparently i didn't lock the door. some old lady walked in on me and goes "OH LORD" and shuts the door as fast as she can lol. i cleaned up the best i could and went outside to go smoke a cigarette and pull out my atlas, she comes out and hands me a fifty dollar bill and a cinnamon roll. win.
That is friggin AWESOME! :D

bobf

Here's a way to keep clean that I use when I start gagging on my own stench. In fact, I JUST did it.
go to a public washroom. It must be a single, private one (handicap ones are great). Stick a wad of toilet paper in the drain of the sink to plug that shit. Proceed to fill with hot (not too hot) water. Strip so your clothes dont get wet. Use the hand soap that is in the dispensor to lather up funky areas, like balls, ass, pits, etcetera. You can use a rag or something but I just use my hands. Rinse that shit by splashing handfulls of water on the soapy areas. dress and you should smell better.
This is also a good way to do sock/underwear laundry. If you do, the hand dryers are really fast at drying shit but you gotta hold it and move it around a bit.

hope this helps you.

Stay fresh peoples.
use a small spritz bottle with warm
soapy water, do couple parts, wash with clean sock, dry with clean sock, repeat till done.

bobf

use a small spritz bottle with warm
soapy water, do couple parts, wash with clean sock, dry with clean sock, repeat till done.

Dmac

Wanderer
Current Location
outside omaha
heat a little water over the fire, use a washcloth or your bandanna, wash yourself. does not get any simpler than that. even without soap, it will make a big difference. rinse out bandanna/washcloth when possible.

bobf

heat a little water over the fire, use a washcloth or your bandanna, wash yourself. does not get any simpler than that. even without soap, it will make a big difference. rinse out bandanna/washcloth when possible.
very good my friend, I thank you.

squatch

Lurker
My homey gave me these things and they're called "Shower in a bag" it's just wipey type things but they work wonders. I highly recommend them.

lone wolf

Pilgrim
gatorade bottle and a bar of irish spring (cause it's the best) in a locked public bathroom and you can take a really good shower. i use the toilet paper to soak up the gallon of water i get on the floor. on days that i didn't shower; some stores have free hand wipes, grab a bunch and seal them in a plastic bag. they are good to keep your feet, pits and privates clean.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$15.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $15.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $15.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $15.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $15.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

The self defense group is going so far so great!
Three years of loving and caring, down the backed up toilet.
I feel uncomfortable with all of the transphobic micro-aggressions being thrown around here lately. I also feel uncomfortable standing up in defense of trans folk, me included, in fear of developing discourse without the consequence of proper accountability.
Barf wrote on Brodiesel710's profile.
There's a fish in the percolator
I'm in NYC. What's good? Anyone wanna kick it? Where can I camp without getting hassled?
Roof vent is installed, fixed the side mirror, mounted the solar panels and ran the wires into the van. Currently working on putting in the floor. It's a lot but I'm making steady progress.
Anyone is Portland wanna kick it for a night and get motey'd up?!
Wowzers I'm glad I was off the site for the duration of The Pronoun Thread, as it's been titled. Holy shit. I know for a fact I would have gotten sucked into it and I'm not sure if that would've been a good thing lol
48 hours from HELL, lost thirteen hundred dollars, thats a fuckload on a pension! lost two ducks to the heat, the key for teh vespa is goign to cost an unbelievable amount says the cheerful vespa mechanic,and i need two new tyres, a new belt and rollersaswell! the generator died, wake up, the dogs cold and dead besides me and for the icing on the cake, lost my fucking bankcard and the bank tellers was a twat to me!!!ANYONE nearby bring booze and cigs and cheer!!!!FARRRKKKKKKK
On the side of the road 8 miles from Paint Rock, TX