General Hawaii Information

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
all large cargo ships used to have a few (up to 12-15) passenger cabins that were low priced. 9-11 probably did them in. in fact, I just did a Google search and it is still going on and much cheaper than air fair or cruse ship. it is a lot more boring than a cruse ship, but if you just want to get from a to b, check it out. I did not check out about going west coast to Hawaii, first stuff that pops up is about U.S. to Europe. Worth looking into is you are interested in overseas travel.
Can you show a source on this?
Googling freighter cruising, or low budget freighter travel brings up a lot of info, all of it claiming to be low budget, but it seems to dwindle down to an average of 100$ a day, and min. average 2 weeks trips (looks like 1400$ to me..).
I dont mean to call you out or anything, if you know some cheaper ones, would love to see it, but even at half that price, a flight is still cheaper by far.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
heard on the news that some people on the mainland recently got INSANELY cheap tickets to and from hawaii because of a website glitch, and the airlines ultimately ended up acknowledging them. some people from florida got like 60 dollar round trip tickets or somethin like that

Pappy

Reaction score
a search on edreams.net came up with $270 for a one-way flight out of LA leaving the 31st

if you do the search again closer to that date i bet tickets will be cheaper (if there's still any seats available)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads