gear and cheatin the heat

L.C.

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
camelbacks,jugs,and shade most of us know about. its that time of year. does anyone have any techno,or old wifes tales on how to get by this summer. not survival,just prep and gear. [looki'n for tricks of the trade]

nobo

Reaction score
Widerstand, when i met you like 4 years ago in portland you told me about traveling with an umbrella even in summer....that was probably some of the most valuable advice for traveling anyones ever given me haha.

DCLXVI

Reaction score
I could really use a nice camelback or some kind of canvas bottle to carry water. I've always tucked away some water bottles in my pack, but something more flexible that can hold more water would be great to have. I'm going to be spending a good portion of the summer either in the desert or in southern California, so I'm going to need it. Suggestions on something affordable, but durable? I've got a little money lately, so it doesn't have to be too cheap, just a good deal.

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
well you got a few options. they have camelbacks wich will hold the most water and are the most durable nad also have a resevoir hose. you can get cheaper versions at walmart or dicks or other sporting goods chains. or they have these things called pllatapuys collapsable water containers. they compact really good when empty and will hold a few quarts of water. i would recomend searching one place i reccomend to check out is Great Prices on Outdoor Gear, Equipment & Clothing for Camping, Hiking, Climbing, Kayaking & More from Campmor

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
also if you wear lighter colored clothing vs. dark colors, it wil reflect the heat off of you. you could wear one of those big stuopid hats to keep sun off your face too. or just use an umbrella like Wider does.

ridegnu

Reaction score
Essentially you should use the same tricks you use to keep warm but in reverse. Your body has a number of areas where temperatures are measured; feet, groin, pits, neck, and head. In the cold you want to keep these places warm & dry, in the heat; cool & wet. Where light breatheable socks & shoes, wet your underwear before you head out for the day, or tie a wet bandana around your neck.

treatment

Reaction score
I'm glad i found this, I'm about to be catching out in Southwest USA and was worried about staying hydrated with this brutal heat. I think I'll be going for a camelback, with an additional steel water bottle or two..

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads