Free ticket

Reaction score
Florida for Fort Bragg California on the greyhound to join up with my partner and inspiration Julie Generic and I'm so fucking stoked.

I want to give everyone a heads up on where I got my ticket.

First I called . 211 put me in touch with St.Vincent DePaul and after a short simple conversation, ticket next day.

St.Vincent DePaul rocks and they help with lots of stuff not just stranded folks.. If your in need of a ticket somewhere, try these guys because they fucking Rock.
Safe travels everyone.

Sarong

Reaction score
I was involved in a DV where I was badly beat, spent the nite in the hospital, and then kicked out on the streets in Daytona Beach, FL. I spent 3 nites homeless there while trying to get help and get out of town, over 3k miles away from my comfort zone. I was at Greyhound station waiting, and the clerk there asked me if I had tried Traveler's Aid supported by Urban Ministries. I was able to get appt at 1 when they off lunch break and was only there a total of 10 mins. They ended up paying my entire bus fare from Florida - New Mexico. I was on a bus less than 3 hrs later. :) I was told they usually only cover 25% of bus fare, however they work on a case by case basis and do what is needed depending on the circumstances.

LuckyDog

Reaction score
If anyone ever gets stuck in south eastern CT for some reason, go to the SVD soup kitchen in Norwich and talk to Julie. She runs the place and they are good for a meal, bagged lunch, and hot shower. They try to help with bus tickets too, but it depends on their current funding. The wet shelter in New London which is like 10 miles south also gives out bus tickets as well. They get over packed in the winter so they try to get people out of town before snow. It's on Crystal Ave; just ask around town.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads