Free boat in hyannis, MA ACT FAST | Squat the Planet

Free boat in hyannis, MA ACT FAST

technotrash

Reaction score
http://capecod.craigslist.org/boa/5695068254.html
EDIT: boat's been taken by now. Disregard the post, but still feel free to get in touch if you'd like to form a crew for 2017

This is a really good opportunity, if someone wants to coordinate, hit me up. I have some sailing exp but no vehicle and no trailer. Seriously this boat looks clean as hell, I'd hate to see it go to some rich douchebag

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 20

If anyone really wants it, simply pay the Marina for storage !! The boat yard may consider making more free money off of it since it already there & on boat stands. Or it may just want it gone to free up space.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
If anyone really wants it, simply pay the Marina for storage !! The boat yard may consider making more free money off of it since it already there & on boat stands. Or it may just want it gone to free up space.

depends on the marina. storage fees can get quite expensive, i know from experience.

D

Deleted member 20

depends on the marina. storage fees can get quite expensive, i know from experience.

BOAT stands for "BREAK OUT ANOTHER THOUSAND" for a reason. Boating is an expensive hobby & in Hyannis has a short season. I dont think it will be a cheaper alternative but if someone from elsewhere on STP is serious about thi boat & isnt local to the boat with a trailer & truck; its an option. The other option would be to hire a boat mover to bring it somewhere on land to work on it.

I live an hour from there but have no interest in this boat. I see sailboats like this all the time. One needs to have some sort of capital to upgrade repair & outfit any boat. Not to mention tools, renting a shoreside storage place to work on it etc. All of this stuff costs money.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 20

I do know of a space that could possibly be used to repair this boat for cheap that is fenced in New Bedford near a large rehearsal/mill space. It has a large frame & the potential to cover in plastic if need be. If anyone serious was committed to pay to get it moved to New Bedford. I may be able to allow my tools to be used & help out with some repairs & recruit some locals.. But if you aint got experience with boats & or some working capital than I doubt it will work.

Keep in mind that you can buy fully rigged & operational sailboats with appliances & electronics, sails etc) in the 25'-30' range for $3,000 if you look hard enough. This free boat could exceed $3k in no time with transporting & a nominal storage fee maybe costimng a third of that in the first day of owning it.

Cape cod is the vacation area of many and its real estate & marinas are congested. New Bedford is a working waterfront with every Marine resource one would need to fix up a boat cheaper but exactly cheap, I am here & can bring along some friends to help.

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
BOAT stands for break out another thousand for a reason.

i've never heard that exact term before, but that's totally true and pretty hilarious. not to discourage folks of course, you can definitely do it cheaper with some punk diy elbow grease, but sailing is not a hobby you can just spange for.

Durp

Reaction score
Boats are great and will force you to live a healthier more productive life if you allow your self to fall under their spell. It will be hard work to care for your vessel but it will take care of you too. It is a complete and established alternative life style and culture. It is an affordable life style if you are handy, or a very expensive hobby.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads