food when riding

BobDole

Reaction score
There is this brand... I forget the name, but its something along the lines of "Sprouts". They sell them for a buck or two in health food stores here. Its like a pack of sunflower seeds, but sprouts instead. Sprouted? Anyway, theyre really good and addictive. For proteins, I like taking Cod (Beer Battered or raw/fresh) in a baggie. Makes for good in between lights snack!

Bibritt

Reaction score
The first thing I usually instinctively grab is trail mix with nuts , raisans , chocolate. Dried meat is great , of course the best thing to bring is plenty of water !!!!!As long as you are hydrated ur good , dehydration is the worst , I had a scary incident while in fort Tryon Washington heights where I ran out ... Luckily met a cool guy who gave me his canteen .. as long as you have water food can always be purchased or scavenged along the way ..

Reactions: Nomadicinquiries

Nomadicinquiries

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
GORP!!... is a good biking food [good 'ol raisins and peanuts.]
A standard with bikers and hikers. It's cheap and can be bought anywhere. The taste never gets bland, is high density and good fiber to keep you regular. I put it in freezer bags so as you supply dimishes, you get more valuable room in your packs. I prefer salty dry roasted peanuts to avoid blandness. Some bikers eat peanut butter right out of a jar but that is too suffocating for me.

That reminds of tamari roasted almonds, little pricey but super tasty.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads