first time traveling in 15 years wondering whats different now | Squat the Planet

first time traveling in 15 years wondering whats different now

Reaction score
I spent some time in my early twenties drifting around the east coast and the Midwest (Boulder, CO was great) and then went back home to Dallas to try and build a normal life. Well, my career is at a standstill and my bank balance is a negative number. I'm not really in the rat race mode anymore. So I'm headed out to the Pacific coast hwy with plans to walk from Santa Barbra to Vancouver and then back starting in the spring. I know this might take a couple of years and for the first time in a long ass time, I'm not in a rush. I have no delusions of the west coast being some eutopia but I wouldn't mind being able to smoke a joint and watch the sunset on a secluded rock face at the ocean every once in a while and meet people that aren't solely driven by the all mighty dollar and good ole boy mindsets. I need a break from making rich people richer. I am looking forward to freedom and maybe dropping some of the weight I've put on in the last couple of years. If anyone has some advice or just well wishes give me a shout.

Minky

Reaction score
I spent some time in my early twenties drifting around the east coast and the Midwest (Boulder, CO was great) and then went back home to Dallas to try and build a normal life. Well, my career is at a standstill and my bank balance is a negative number. I'm not really in the rat race mode anymore. So I'm headed out to the Pacific coast hwy with plans to walk from Santa Barbra to Vancouver and then back starting in the spring. I know this might take a couple of years and for the first time in a long ass time, I'm not in a rush. I have no delusions of the west coast being some eutopia but I wouldn't mind being able to smoke a joint and watch the sunset on a secluded rock face at the ocean every once in a while and meet people that aren't solely driven by the all mighty dollar and good ole boy mindsets. I need a break from making rich people richer. I am looking forward to freedom and maybe dropping some of the weight I've put on in the last couple of years. If anyone has some advice or just well wishes give me a shout.
Safe travels, keep us posted on your journey.

D

Deleted member 20240

I have many of the same feelings about stuff that your writing. I too, used to travel a bit and am about to take a "walk" of my own :). I truly hope you enjoy your travels.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads