1. Not like it changes anything, but we are obligated to inform you that we are using cookies - so, we just did. Learn More.
  2. Hey you! Yeah, we see you there, lurking! Well, this notice is just to let you know that there's several sections of the website that are available to members only! You're missing out on a lot of stuff by not signing up for an account! It's free, so what have you got to lose?
    Dismiss Notice

first time traveling in 15 years wondering whats different now

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Kevin Stephens, Feb 13, 2018 at 4:45 PM.

1. Kevin Stephens

Kevin Stephens Just signed up

Address:
    Dallas, TX, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +7 / -0
    I spent some time in my early twenties drifting around the east coast and the Midwest (Boulder, CO was great) and then went back home to Dallas to try and build a normal life. Well, my career is at a standstill and my bank balance is a negative number. I'm not really in the rat race mode anymore. So I'm headed out to the Pacific coast hwy with plans to walk from Santa Barbra to Vancouver and then back starting in the spring. I know this might take a couple of years and for the first time in a long ass time, I'm not in a rush. I have no delusions of the west coast being some eutopia but I wouldn't mind being able to smoke a joint and watch the sunset on a secluded rock face at the ocean every once in a while and meet people that aren't solely driven by the all mighty dollar and good ole boy mindsets. I need a break from making rich people richer. I am looking forward to freedom and maybe dropping some of the weight I've put on in the last couple of years. If anyone has some advice or just well wishes give me a shout.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Carlvanguyrios

Carlvanguyrios Appreciated Participator

Waiter
    Address:
    Minneapolis, MN, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +77 / -0
    Happy travels my friend!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Minky

Minky is getting to know the place

Address:
    Saint Paul, MN, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    Safe travels, keep us posted on your journey.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. NotmybestNotmyworst

NotmybestNotmyworst Appreciated Participator

Featured Threads:
    Bricklayer
    Address:
    Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    I forgot california is now a legal state. Canada will be soon. Good luck and hope you find what you need. Cheers

5. wISDOM

wISDOM Professional butt double
    StP Supporter

Social fuck up
    Address:
    Sedona, AZ, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +79 / -0
    I have many of the same feelings about stuff that your writing. I too, used to travel a bit and am about to take a "walk" of my own :). I truly hope you enjoy your travels.