first time traveling in 15 years wondering whats different now

Threads
Current Location
dallas, tx
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
I spent some time in my early twenties drifting around the east coast and the Midwest (Boulder, CO was great) and then went back home to Dallas to try and build a normal life. Well, my career is at a standstill and my bank balance is a negative number. I'm not really in the rat race mode anymore. So I'm headed out to the Pacific coast hwy with plans to walk from Santa Barbra to Vancouver and then back starting in the spring. I know this might take a couple of years and for the first time in a long ass time, I'm not in a rush. I have no delusions of the west coast being some eutopia but I wouldn't mind being able to smoke a joint and watch the sunset on a secluded rock face at the ocean every once in a while and meet people that aren't solely driven by the all mighty dollar and good ole boy mindsets. I need a break from making rich people richer. I am looking forward to freedom and maybe dropping some of the weight I've put on in the last couple of years. If anyone has some advice or just well wishes give me a shout.

Threads
Current Location
St. Paul, Mn
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
I spent some time in my early twenties drifting around the east coast and the Midwest (Boulder, CO was great) and then went back home to Dallas to try and build a normal life. Well, my career is at a standstill and my bank balance is a negative number. I'm not really in the rat race mode anymore. So I'm headed out to the Pacific coast hwy with plans to walk from Santa Barbra to Vancouver and then back starting in the spring. I know this might take a couple of years and for the first time in a long ass time, I'm not in a rush. I have no delusions of the west coast being some eutopia but I wouldn't mind being able to smoke a joint and watch the sunset on a secluded rock face at the ocean every once in a while and meet people that aren't solely driven by the all mighty dollar and good ole boy mindsets. I need a break from making rich people richer. I am looking forward to freedom and maybe dropping some of the weight I've put on in the last couple of years. If anyone has some advice or just well wishes give me a shout.
Safe travels, keep us posted on your journey.

NotmybestNotmyworst

Wanderer
StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
I forgot california is now a legal state. Canada will be soon. Good luck and hope you find what you need. Cheers

kIlL a KaRdAsHiAn

The nerd formally known as wISDOM
StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Carlsbad ca
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
I have many of the same feelings about stuff that your writing. I too, used to travel a bit and am about to take a "walk" of my own :). I truly hope you enjoy your travels.

Threads
Current Location
everywhere
Reactions
94% 1% 6%
America in general is grimier than say in 2003 but if your plan is to stick to the pct you really can't go wrong.