Video - First Solo Sail in the San Juan Islands! | Squat the Planet

Video First Solo Sail in the San Juan Islands!

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I can think of few places that are better for cruising than the San Juan Islands here in the US....maybe Southeast Alaska or the Florida Keys......this truly is a boater's paradise! There wasn't much wind a lot of the time, so I did motor quite a bit....but I did get to raise the sails for a while. Thought I'd throw a little video together. Never edited one before so it's pretty basic and sorry about the video quality....the only camera I own is ancient. Shout out to @CrowTheBard for the inspiration!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
thats awesome man, that island area looks sweet! looks like a cool place to hang out with some friends, i wonder if it would be a good place for a jambo assuming we had some boats?

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
@Matt Derrick Oh man, that would be awesome. The campsite is owned by DNR and I think the only thing someone would make a stink about out there is off leash dogs....I'm not sure how often they go out there to check though. Also, for that particular spot....they only allow overnight camping from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day Weekend. There are lots of other places to just drop anchor and make camp ashore though. I'm sure @CrowTheBard would lend use of his boat, maybe Quinn too???

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt Derrick

CrowTheBard

Reaction score
Awesome video man!
I think putting a Jambo together on one of the islands is a killer idea! We could ferry a whole bunch of folks out between all the boats and set up some camps on shore. I freaking love that idea!

Keep making the videos. They’re awesome!

Cheers,
Crow

Reactions: iamwhatiam

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Great Video!
Music credits?
Thanks!
Chris Thyle and Edgar Meyer - "Why Only One?"
Tom Waits - "Hoist That Rag"
Tuba Skinny - "Untrue Blues"

Reactions: whfiv

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads