filming slab city, what do you want to know? | Squat the Planet

filming slab city, what do you want to know?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
So I'm going to slab city for two months to film the area, and interview travelers about why they come there, and various other things. is there anything you would like to see, or questions i can answer in my videos? im curious what people want to know about the place....

travelin

Reaction score
i am curious about rv living out there. i guess im wanting info on water and septic. have power covered but this particular rig we are in has fairly small holding tanks and we cant go more than about five days without filling up with water and dumping sewer.

have no real plans for being there, but its someting good to know.

guess thats not a subject to waste time on filming, duh.

Dmac

Reaction score
is the "tank" still there? i personally would like to see a bit more of niland, you know, what sort of shops and amenities are around. where to get water etc. thanks.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

Nemo Perish

Reaction score
basic life of the slabs. kinda like a day in the life thing. i wanna know on the acquisition of food, friends; the perks and the pitfalls. what makes people come back year after year? what makes others never want to leave?

bryanpaul

Reaction score
footage of the crappy lil "skatepark" bowl thing :)

• Haha

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
is the "tank" still there? i personally would like to see a bit more of niland, you know, what sort of shops and amenities are around. where to get water etc. thanks.

yes, the tank is still there, and moth is still living in it. i'll be doing a feature about him and his place at some point.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
basic life of the slabs. kinda like a day in the life thing. i wanna know on the acquisition of food, friends; the perks and the pitfalls. what makes people come back year after year? what makes others never want to leave?

that's a good idea, i'll see about incorporating it in there somewhere.

schmutz

cooler than you
Reaction score
I am super curious about meetings at the Haven and Life Water Mission...both bible study and the who na/aa thing. Cuz I am learning that I can't live my life without faith (to paraphrase someone I love)

B

Benny

Overall my stay in the slabs was fun but the time i spent in the summer was brutal. Watch out for Imperial county cops! They are worse than LAPD because they have nothing better to do than mess with folks in the slabs.

man of the forest

Reaction score
Overall my stay in the slabs was fun but the time i spent in the summer was brutal. Watch out for Imperial county cops! They are worse than LAPD because they have nothing better to do than mess with folks in the slabs.
maybe somthing that touches on what benny just mentiond. especialy long hairs, we allways be gettin fucked with.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Unfortunately none of this really panned out, due to events I posted about in the blog. Maybe someday, but I'm going to take a break from the slabs for a while.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads