filming slab city, what do you want to know? (1 Viewer)

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
So I'm going to slab city for two months to film the area, and interview travelers about why they come there, and various other things. is there anything you would like to see, or questions i can answer in my videos? im curious what people want to know about the place....

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

travelin

Wanderer
i am curious about rv living out there. i guess im wanting info on water and septic. have power covered but this particular rig we are in has fairly small holding tanks and we cant go more than about five days without filling up with water and dumping sewer.

have no real plans for being there, but its someting good to know.

guess thats not a subject to waste time on filming, duh.

Dmac

Nomad
is the "tank" still there? i personally would like to see a bit more of niland, you know, what sort of shops and amenities are around. where to get water etc. thanks.

Nemo Perish

Lurker
basic life of the slabs. kinda like a day in the life thing. i wanna know on the acquisition of food, friends; the perks and the pitfalls. what makes people come back year after year? what makes others never want to leave?

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
is the "tank" still there? i personally would like to see a bit more of niland, you know, what sort of shops and amenities are around. where to get water etc. thanks.

yes, the tank is still there, and moth is still living in it. i'll be doing a feature about him and his place at some point.

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
basic life of the slabs. kinda like a day in the life thing. i wanna know on the acquisition of food, friends; the perks and the pitfalls. what makes people come back year after year? what makes others never want to leave?

that's a good idea, i'll see about incorporating it in there somewhere.

schmutz

cooler than you
I am super curious about meetings at the Haven and Life Water Mission...both bible study and the who na/aa thing. Cuz I am learning that I can't live my life without faith (to paraphrase someone I love)

B

Benny

I deleted myself
Overall my stay in the slabs was fun but the time i spent in the summer was brutal. Watch out for Imperial county cops! They are worse than LAPD because they have nothing better to do than mess with folks in the slabs.

Overall my stay in the slabs was fun but the time i spent in the summer was brutal. Watch out for Imperial county cops! They are worse than LAPD because they have nothing better to do than mess with folks in the slabs.
maybe somthing that touches on what benny just mentiond. especialy long hairs, we allways be gettin fucked with.

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
Unfortunately none of this really panned out, due to events I posted about in the blog. Maybe someday, but I'm going to take a break from the slabs for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$90.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $90.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $90.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.