Figuring Out Ownership of Land/Spaces? (1 Viewer)

Hey y'all ~

Was just wondering how one goes about... well, what I stated in the above title, basically. I know there are online databases with ownership of houses and buildings (perhaps it's just of foreclosed properties; I'm not sure), but I was wondering if there are any such websites with listings of land ownership and the like. Much thanks if you can point me in the right direction!

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

nellie g

online county tax maps are the best way to figure this stuff out hear in n.c.. you can search for the tax map of the county your in, on google, then use the interactive website to find the property. then you should have an option to find ownership/contact info, as well as history and back tax's info. hear in rural n.c. it takes 5 min to do it, but i dont know if its that easy in a city. i dont think there would be any large online resource for the whole country, since property info is constantly changing and is only relative locally. so definitely look locally (city, county). hope this helps you out.

Kamera

Lurker
its always different depending on where u are. what i use to do was get the street address and look it up on ur local assessors offices website. They might give u a name but they might not, if they dont then copy down the assessment number and the parcel number and go down to the local assessors office and look it up on there computers.

P

Pheonix

I deleted myself
in rural oklahoma I was able to get all that info at the county treasury dept. webpage. in the late "90"s in columbus,OH I went to probate court to find out who owned my squat. the info is public access but their is a federal law that sealed the real estate docs of active soldiers, so if they won't tell you who owns your squat that means your squat is owned by someone with a big gun and the backing of the US government.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$25.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $25.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $25.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $25.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $25.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$25.00
Goal
$100.00

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
Zappolia